Database problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database problem

I was running a SIM connection yesterday and somehow I ended up with an open order when I closed my connection. Today when I opened a new SIM connection, it showed the same order, Sell 3 contracts. It showed it on the Chart Trader and on the DOM. I clicked the "X" on the Chart Trader to cancel the order, but it only cancelled 2 of the 3 contracts, as recorded in the "orders" tab of the control panel.

Still, the Chart Trader and the DOM show an order to sell 3 contracts. This is especially a problem as I can not read my chart because the price from yesterday is so much higher than the current price, my chart is extremely compressed vertically to show where the Sell order is and the current price, additionally I don't know what will happen when the price reaches the order level too.

I tried the "Repair Database" button, but this had no effect. What else can I do to fix this?

Thanks,

Safetrading

Hello safetrading,

Thank you for your post.

To remove these orders please reset the simulator. Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Select the "Simulator" tab
    • Press the "Reset" button

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

question of reseting simulator

You say this will remove all historical trade data. This means it will only remove the siulated trades I made, and not the incoming data itself (open, close, vol, etc) correct?

Comment

Correct this will only erase historical trades placed within the Simulation account.

Comment

Originally posted by safetrading View Post
          I was running a SIM connection yesterday and somehow I ended up with an open order when I closed my connection. Today when I opened a new SIM connection, it showed the same order, Sell 3 contracts. It showed it on the Chart Trader and on the DOM. I clicked the "X" on the Chart Trader to cancel the order, but it only cancelled 2 of the 3 contracts, as recorded in the "orders" tab of the control panel.

Still, the Chart Trader and the DOM show an order to sell 3 contracts. This is especially a problem as I can not read my chart because the price from yesterday is so much higher than the current price, my chart is extremely compressed vertically to show where the Sell order is and the current price, additionally I don't know what will happen when the price reaches the order level too.

I tried the "Repair Database" button, but this had no effect. What else can I do to fix this?

Thanks,

Safetrading
          SIM, with what data provider, if I may ask? Have had similar problems for a while now, but NT support is actively looking into it for me.

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=42926

Comment

I'm using Zen-Fire, and this is the first time this has happened, and I have had a Live NT license for about 3 years.

Comment

Problems reseting Simulator

I clicked on the Reset button for the simulator about a half an hour ago, and it is still in the process of reseting apparently. This seems abnormally long. Since it is in process, I can't access any other NT functions.

Should I continue to wait on NT, or shut it down with the Windows Task Manager?

Thanks,

Safetrading

Comment

Yes please close NinjaTrader and attempt to reset the simulator again. If it does not reset after a few minutes please rename your database with the following steps :
                • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
                • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
                • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use

Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost – ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments and historical trade execution data

Comment

reseting of simulator

I renamed the database and that fixed the problem. Now however, I no longer have my saved incoming data (O,H,L,C & Volume) to use with my Market Replay connection. Is this the way it should be, and if so is there a way to get this data back for backtesting purposes?

Comment

Once you connect to Zen-Fire again within NinjaTrader this data will be pulled when opening a specific instrument such as ES 09-11.

Comment

Reseting simulator

Everything is back to the way it was before now, althoug as long as I have you hear, I would not say, "back to normal". For some time now when I open NT7, it takes as long as 7 to 10 minutes to get to the point to where the chart data appears and I can connect with ZenFire. I don't recall how long ago this started happening, but I think it was around the time we switched to NT7.

Often times it is not a big deal, as flip on the computer when I get up and fire up NT. On occassion when I get up late, or NT shoud freeze up (which doesn't happen often) and I have to restart it during the trading day, that 7 to 10 minutes can seem like a life time.

As I said, in the past this didn't happen, but here is my system info anyways; Windows XP, 2.8 Gig dual processor, 2.5 Gigs of ram. Is there anything I can do to speed this up to the way it used to be, or is NT7 just slower to start up?

Thanks,

Safetrading

Comment

Are you running a 32 bit or 64 bit Operating System?

Comment

I am running a 32 bit OS.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                          Are you running a 32 bit or 64 bit Operating System?

Comment

I suggest deleting your currently historical data to see if this increases your load times. Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:
                            • Close NinjaTrader
                            • Documents
                            • NinjaTrader 7
                            • Open the db folder
                            • Open the Cache folder and delete all files within this folder
                            • Go back to the db folder
                            • Open the Tick folder and delete all files within this folder
                            • Repeat this procedure for the Day as well as Minute folders
                            • Restart NinjaTrader

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
                            16 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post z.franck  
                            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                            4 responses