Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting data from esignal

Hi,

I will need some help to get data from esignal.
    I'm already connected, I have the Xetra European stars subscription.

I go to instrument manager on ninja and I set up a new symbol for Default and Xetra stock exchange. I put in the misc tab for esignal the symbol of Deutsche Telekom Adr (DTEA-XET) and DTE for my broker (this shouldn't affect).

I get no data.

some help please

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

Do not include the -XET. This is how eSignal specifies exchange and NinjaTrader will add this on for you automatically.

Just the symbol is fine here then retry again. Also, make sure that if you use capital letters for this in eSignal use capital letters here as well, as we have found that case does matter here with eSignal.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

gettin data from esignal

No way.

I attach screenshots on to see how I set the symbol.

The link for the esignal symbol name is http://quotes.esignal.com/esignalpro...romSearch=true
      Attached Files

Comment

Should work in this case.

I will need to test this. I tried to test it not however my eSignal account is no enabled for data for this exchange.

Can you please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett and reference this forum post so I can look into this further.

Comment

This issue is solved. The extension with the exchange has to be set for esignal. France Telecom would be FTE-EEB.

Another issue: I'm subscribed to Stoxx Indices with esignal. When I create a new symbol in Instrument Manager what are the settings for indexes?

The symbol for DJ Euro STOXX 50 index is $SX5E-STX (to be clear: I need the data of the index to calculate indicators. I'm not trading any future)

what exchanges should I use (NT requires it)? What are the general settings to retrieve index data?

Comment

Hello,

When you setup a new instrument you have the ability to specify its type. If you select index here it will add the needed $ to the mapping you need in eSignal and you should be able to pull in data. Considering you used the correct exchange and symbol map for the instrument.

You can check out the mapping in the instrument manager for another type of index to get an idea on how this is done.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post samish18