Display price hig/low on the chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display price hig/low on the chart?

I use candle sticks for the price display. I see that by default chart displays last traded price on the right hand axis (chart settings allow one to pick last, bid or ask). What I want is to figure a way to display the high and low of the candle stick and possibly choose at will to display either one or both or none. I asked the support folks and they told me this needs a custom script. Does anyone have a script to do something like this? Any other ideas are also appreciated? I will try to write a script if everything else fails.

Appreciate all the help.

Thanks

magnatron,

I'm not aware of an existing script, but couldn't you just use a 1 period moving average and change the input series to use the High or Low? I suppose this would depend on how you want the plot to display, but I think this will work for the values you are trying to see.

To locate this option, please right click on the chart > select “indicators” > select your applied SMA indicator to active the indicator parameters on the right menu.

From the indicator parameters, you will see a new property labeled “Input series”. Please select this row and hit the “…” box to bring up the Input Series properties.

From the input series properties, you will have the options to chose from Close, Open, High, Low, Median, etc. Highlight the option you would like the SMA to calculate from and press "OK".

Please see our Help Guide article on "How to edit an indicator's parameters" for more information:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hmmm.. excellent suggestion...that should work. Let me give that a try and see how it goes. Appreciate all the help!!!

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888
      by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
      7 responses