Slow performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow performance

Is there anything going on with the NT7 servers? I have noticed a real increase in the load time for my charts lately and the students in my trading room are reporting the same thing.

Hello,

Which connection?

Comment

Take your pick... IQ, Zenfire, CQG.... Most traders have moved to SIM because the charts keep freezing. Load times are VERY slow.

Comment

Hello,

I would suspect another cause then. As all these providers use different live and historical data servers to load data.

Do you all share a common indicator you use in the room?

Comment

I'm sure we do and they have not changed lately.

Comment

maket volatility and ticks have however. We are seeing global wide indicators are taking longer to calculate, especially if you are using tick charts. Just depends on how CPU intensive the charts are.

Would need to have each person write into support at ninjatrader dot com and diagnose each case individually since there are no correlations that can be made at this point. We would need to diagnose each one separately.

-Brett

Comment

I am experiencing the same issue. Would a new computer help in this case? I have 4G of RAM but my machine is a few years old. I'm curious if my computer is part of the problem or the increased volatility would have the same effect on a new computer.

Comment

Hello,

It would only help if you are finding that your CPU is maxed out. Please go to the windows task manager during live trading and the performance tab.

Are you seeing one of the cores of the PC having more then 75 percent activity.

CPU being maxed out table for the entire CPU usage meter:

1 core = 100%
                2 cores = 50%
                4 cores = 25%

Comment

My CPU is between 50 and 60 when loading a 4 range chart with a template. I have a Pentium 4 3Ghz CPU with 4GB of RAM running Windows XP. Is my computer the problem or could it be the data feed? I'm currently using Interactive Brokers for data. Would a different data feed like Kinetick resolve the issue? Thanks.

Comment

If its at 50 and you have a dual core CPU then a new CPU would help. Since two CPU divide that by half = 50 % maxed out CPU.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

And 8 core max @ 12.5% 16 core??
                      I hope the development team can see the writing on the wall and take NT forward to use multicores effectively.

Comment

Hello,

NinjaTrader is multi threaded in many aspects of its design, however the indicators all run on one thread as of current. This is a current limitation and our development team does have this on there list to look into for our next major edition of our software.

Comment

AND stragegies

The strategies apparently all run on a single core of a multi-processor system too. This limitation must be fixed if NT wants to partner with some of the companies it wants to partner with...I know at least one company that could not utilize NT as their "platform" and won't be able to run my software either.

Please FIX this ASAP. If you need help, you can call on me. I've been doing multi-threaded applications for years.

Leroy

Comment

Hello,

Thanks, yes we are aware this is a requested feature and look to hopefully add it in our next major release of the software.

Comment

Can I

So, can I lock the dataseries object and spawn off a thread and return from the OnBarUpdate method to do complicated processing on the data...then unlock that dataseries when the thread exits?

In this way achieving some sort of workaround and not hindering other OnBarUpdate methods from being called on other symbols?

Leroy

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses