Automated Strategy... need help in OCO orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated Strategy... need help in OCO orders

I have had some communication problems lately... and I have been dropping out right after my strategy places a manual buy order... So, I am stuck and can't get the sell order to the broker in time... Thus, I thought that an OCO order might just be the right thing... So the way it works is the "OCO" value must be the same... and the order of submission determines how it works... buy first then sell..

SubmitOrder(0, OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.Limit, 100, 10.00, 0, "Tiedtogether", "Manual");

SubmitOrder(0, OrderAction.Sell, OrderType.Limit, 100, 10.10, 0, "Tiedtogether", "Manual");

So in my example above... I submit a buy order and I tie it with "Tiedtogether" and the broker will then know the next order will be based on the buy order completing...

Is my thought process right so far?... What happens if the buy order doesn't fill all the way... It's all or none.... right?

Thank you for your response .... I await your answers.

theotterway, your though process is correct - if partial fills come in for one leg of the bracket this would be reflected in the other part so you would see PendingChange requests as the qty of the order is amended to reflect to received executions. Once the complete Filled state is seen, the other OCO order is cancelled then.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post wzgy0920  
    Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes