"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

NinjaTrader 7 (64 bit) was working just fine and now I am getting this error whenever I try opening the program:

"Unable to connect to database 'Data Source=C:\Users\Neekolas\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf': ObjectSpace: Connection String is Invalid - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

I searched the forum archives and found a similar issue but it does not resolve my problem: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...p/t-21732.html

Like I said, NinjaTrader 7 (64 bit) was working just fine earlier today. I did install Windows Office 2010 Professional Plus today and it required a lot of Microsoft Automatic Updates. I also ran a registry cleaner.

I have already tried uninstalling NT7, downloading a fresh copy, and reinstalling but still get the same error... please help.

Thank you,

Nick

Hello Nick,

Thanks for posting.

So that I may investigate, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file from the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. The file I need will be named 'trace.20110809.txt'.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have this same problem - is there any resolution yet?

Ninja has been working fine, shut down normal on Friday, get this same 'Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation' error on NinjaTrader.sdf - tried to delete file and restart - same problem. Tried to reinstall Ninja 7 - get error that same version already exists - won't reinstall.
      Update - I completely uninstalled NT7 and reinstalled from scratch - still get same problem.
      Last edited by mikeing; 08-22-2011, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the update.

This is Brett responding for Kyle.

Most likely this is related to the microsoft SQL server that we use. It has to be a specific version for NinjaTrader.

Please see this post and follow the instructions in it. Specifically, removing any MIcrosoft SQL servers you may have installed. Then downloading from the link and installing the SQL server from there.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...12&postcount=3

Comment

Reinstalling x86 & 64bit SQL Compact Edition fixed the problem.
          I suspect that a Microsoft Office update over the weekend screwed it up.

Thanks,
          Mike

Comment

Unable to connect to database 'Data Source'

Hello,

I also get the same error "Unable to connect to database 'Data Source=C:\Users\Neekolas\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf': ObjectSpace: Connection String is Invalid - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." on Ninjatrader 32bits. But Ninjatrader 64bits work with any issue.

Can I know how to fix this ? As my Ninjatrader 64bits already have a lot of data.

The reason, I want to use Ninjatrader 32bits because some of my instruments data using eSignal and eSignal only work with Ninjatrader 32bits. (Correct me if I am wrong).

I look forward to your help.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.
              Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC:

* Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
              * Add and remove software/programs
              * Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
              * Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: Download Here
              * Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
              * Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to
              * Run the file names SSCERuntime-ENU.exe in which you will want to extract to this directory once more (there will be two files)
              * SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
              * SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
              * Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
              * Once installed you will need to restart your PC
              * You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7
              <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Thanks Alex.

Will this impact my Ninjatrader 7 64bits data ?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks.

Comment

No, it will not.
                  <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

I have this problem as well

Hello,

I just installed Micorosoft office 2010 today and am having the same problem.

This is the error message...

Unable to connect to databaser Data Source = C: Users\Documents\Ninja trader 7 \db\ninjatraders.sdf
                    Objectspace: COnnection string is invalid - exception has beent hrown by the target of an invocation.

Please help

Comment

Hi mrxdaviepoo,

Did you try this?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.
                      Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC:

* Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
                      * Add and remove software/programs
                      * Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
                      * Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: Download Here
                      * Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
                      * Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to
                      * Run the file names SSCERuntime-ENU.exe in which you will want to extract to this directory once more (there will be two files)
                      * SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
                      * SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
                      * Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
                      * Once installed you will need to restart your PC
                      * You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 04:00 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post ETFVoyageur  
                      Started by AaronKTradingForum, Today, 03:44 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post AaronKTradingForum