nt running slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nt running slow

Nt is running slow, I have removed many indicators....will I need new sytem?

Hello Gregory,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please give me more information about your current system? What type of CPU are you using and what is the speed in GHz? How much memory is in this PC?

How do you connect to the internet, is it hardwired or wireless? Are you using a cable or DSL connection?

How many charts do you have loaded in your workspace?

Who are you connected to for data?

I look forward to assisting you further.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Can you please give me more information about your current system? What type of CPU are you using and what is the speed in GHz? How much memory is in this PC?
      amd athlon 64x2 dual core 3800 processor 2 ghz 3 gb ram 32 bit operating system

How do you connect to the internet, is it hardwired or wireless? Are you using a cable or DSL connection?
      hardwire, cable

How many charts do you have loaded in your workspace?

three

Who are you connected to for data?
      zen fire

Comment

Gregory,

Since you are on a 32-bit OS, NinjaTrader will be limited to only around 1.5GBs of your 3GB of memory to use. If you were to switch to a 64-bit OS, you would be able to utilize more of your installed memory when using NinjaTrader with Zen-Fire in 64-bit mode.

I can not say for certain if you would need to upgrade your PC, however you should be able to take some steps in NinjaTrader to help improve the performance on your current system.

I'm including some of our Performance Tips to help reduce the memory and CPU foot print in NinjaTrader:

Chart Performance Tips
        • Set chart indicators "Calculate on bar close" property to a value of 'True'
        • Increase your chart refresh interval by increasing the value of the chart property "Display update interval (sec)"
        • Reduce the number of bars on your chart (days back or bars back settings under "Format Data Series" dialog window
        • Reduce the number of running indicators
        • If you are running a custom or 3rd party indicator or strategy, remove them to isolate if these custom NinjaScript objects may be a CPU or memory drain

Variables that can impact market data latency
        • Connecting wirelessly can drastically impact performance during heavy volume periods. Depending on signal strength, your modem/router is unable to push all the data through. This can be resolved by connecting directly into the modem/router via a hard line.
        • Serious abnormal increases in market volume
        • Data provider servers could be lagging
        • Limited bandwidth internet service (56K dial up modem is not acceptable for example)
        • Inadequate PC hardware or running too many applications on your PC

You can read all of our available performance tips from the following link:
        Click here to view the NinjaTrader performance tips

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Comment

Since you are on a 32-bit OS, NinjaTrader will be limited to only around 1.5GBs of your 3GB of memory to use. If you were to switch to a 64-bit OS, you would be able to utilize more of your installed memory when using NinjaTrader with Zen-Fire in 64-bit mode.

If I bought the new windows 7 , would that change it to 64 bit?

I can not say for certain if you would need to upgrade your PC, however you should be able to take some steps in NinjaTrader to help improve the performance on your current system.

I'm including some of our Performance Tips to help reduce the memory and CPU foot print in NinjaTrader:

Chart Performance Tips
            • Increase your chart refresh interval by increasing the value of the chart property "Display update interval (sec)"
            l
          how do I do that?

Comment

Hello,

As long as you purchased the 64-bit edition of Windows 7 it will be.

You can check the chart display update interavl by right click on the chart--> select "properties"--> make sure that the "Display update interval (sec) option is set to 0.5 or higher.

The lower this number, the more drain it will put on your CPU.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Delerium  
            Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes