Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

REALLY confused/frustrated. settings don't seem to save?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REALLY confused/frustrated. settings don't seem to save?

A friend of mine who has been a NT user for sometime has setup my demo (charts, indicators etc)

each time I close the application, I say "yes to all" for saving changes. However, when I open and connect to the control center, my charts and everything are gone. Control center opens and connects fine, but not my charts. Any ideas? I've tried this both on an XP machine and a windows 7 machine.

Hello kanadian,

Could the following have happened? Before closing down the software you closed the charts and other windows part of workspace. Subsequently when prompted to save your workspace upon exiting, you click Yes or Yes to all. This causes your workspace to save without the charts and other windows, since they were closed.

The workspace will save the windows that are opened when you click Yes or Yes to all.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the response. I can say with a fairly high degree of certainty that I did not close the charts prior to closing the app. I'm pretty tech savvy (with the exception of NT apparently) and for the sheer number of times this has happened, I know I didn't close the charts. The last time my friend set everything up for me, first thing i did was do a backup.

after everything vanished on me again, restoring that backup didn't bring my charts back

Comment

any idea how i can try to restore that chart myself?

Comment

Restoring backup files and saving workspaces work as expected on my end. If the backup file does not restore your workspace, it must have been created with an empty workspace.

Unfortunately, you will need to rebuild your workspace.

If the issue recurs, please provide me a step by step reproducible scenario so I can test it on my end.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by kanadian View Post
            thanks for the response. I can say with a fairly high degree of certainty that I did not close the charts prior to closing the app. I'm pretty tech savvy (with the exception of NT apparently) and for the sheer number of times this has happened, I know I didn't close the charts. The last time my friend set everything up for me, first thing i did was do a backup.

after everything vanished on me again, restoring that backup didn't bring my charts back
            I have seen this one before, and it confused me no end. Maybe you have the same issue.

Here is the skinny. NT may have created a workspace called "Untiltled1" whcih has no charts or anything, and has it open at the same time as your regular named workspace. When you saved all workspaces, they both got saved. Sometimes when NT opens, it opens to the Untitled1 workspace in the foreground, so there are no charts. You have to use the File--> Workspaces menu sequence to switch to, (or sometimes, even open), the desired workspace.

Please let us know if this is your issue too.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post bmartz
            by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes