3 simultaneous connections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 simultaneous connections?

I think right now NT only supports 2 simultaneous connections... would it be possible to raise this limit to at least 3 connections in the next release?

The reason for this is simple: I have a connection to a forex broker (MB Trading) and a futures broker (Mirus), with different workspaces open for currency pairs and futures contracts. The problem is, I would like to possibly trade Brent Crude, which your historical data servers do not support (i.e. I can't get past bars data for it). I have an IQFeed connection, which would work for me if I could do the following:

1. Connect to MB Trading for forex data and trading (forex orders sent to this connection)
    2. Connect to IQFeed for futures data (i.e. can get Brent Crude from here)
    3. Connect to Mirus for trading (futures orders will be sent to this connection)

This should work, but NT seems to only support 2 connections at a time. Can you raise this to 3 or more? It would be a useful feature.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You may currently connect to 3 brokers or data providers at the same time within NInjaTrader.

Please tell me what happens when you attempt to connect to more than 2 providers. Do you receive any error messages?
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You may currently connect to 3 brokers or data providers at the same time within NInjaTrader.

Please tell me what happens when you attempt to connect to more than 2 providers. Do you receive any error messages?
      Hey there... it actually did give me an error when I tried to connect to Mirus as my 3rd connection, but apparently now it works. I guess the error wasn't related to the number of connections, I just thought that was the issue because I was pretty sure someone told me in the past that NT only supported 2 at a time. Guess I was wrong!

Anyways now that I know it does 3, just for future reference is there any upper limit on the number of simultaneous connections?

Comment

Glad to hear you are up and running. No NinjaTrader will not limit the number of simultaneous connections within the platform.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          Glad to hear you are up and running. No NinjaTrader will not limit the number of simultaneous connections within the platform.
          Thanks, much appreciated!

Comment

No problem at all, glad to help out.

Have a great evening!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by suroot, 04-10-2017, 02:18 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes