Charts not scrolling at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts not scrolling at all

I'm new to trying to use NT and getting live data via Interactive Brokers. I've used NT about a year ago to do some basic strategy development on historical eod data.

I have NT connected to IB, but hwen I go to File->New Chart and then enter a symbol like AAPL, click "New", and then change the Type to Tick and the Value to 150 and then click "OK", I do not get what I expect.

I expect a set of bars to start scolling across the screen showing me the the latest tick data.

what I get is a bar on the far right side of the screen that dances around changing values, but each new bar paints over the previous bar in the most far right position on the screen. None of the bars are scrolling at all.

Thinking something was weird, I actually installed NT7 on another machine and got the exact same results.

Hi tedvz,

Thanks for posting.

While IB doesn't provide historical tick data, the real-time aggregated second data which IB provides in place of tick data should stream.

Which session template are you using in the chart? To check, right-click in the chart and select Data Series.

Likewise, please open the Data tab of the Options menu - is the 'Save Chart Data as Historical' box checked?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh dear - still not working. I've ensured that on Data tab of the Options menu - the 'Save Chart Data as Historical' box is checked. I've also checked the Record for Market replay.

When I do a File->New Chart, a "Data Series" dialog comes up. In the lower right corner about the template, I have <NONE> selected, and when I try to drop down the combo box there are no other choices.

I choose an instrumetn, click New, and ensure that the PriceBasedOn=Last, Type=Tick, Value=150 and then click OK. A chart comes up, And, I can totally understand if the chart doesn't back-fill with prior data. But, I would expect that each flash of the bar at the far right of the screen would scroll left across the page so I can see how each bar looks through time. as I see it, the bars paint over each other on the far right and nothing scrolls.

Comment

trried one more tihng ... i learned how to capture live data using the Tools->Options->Data "Record for Market Replay" option ... i captured a few minutes of the Euro. disconnected from IB, connected to the market replay data source and replayed the chart data ... same thing ... the bars would update on the far right portion of the screen, but no scrolling.

I've also tried this on 3 different machines now - all exhibiting the same problem. is there some other basic setting that I'm missing? I would expect the corect scrolling behavior by default, but maybe there's some odd bit I have to flip somewhere?

Comment

Hi tedvz,

So that I can further investigate, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) A copy of today's trace file.
          You'll find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
          The file I'm looking for would be named 'trace.20110729.txt'.

Comment

Thanks - mail coming at ya.

Comment

Market replay data

Originally posted by tedvz View Post
              Thanks - mail coming at ya.
              I have the same issue with replay. I downloaded 7/22 data. reconnect market replay, open chart for 7/21 to 7/23 5min chart, play button, nothing is moving!!

tried period 7/22 to 7/22 no movement!!!

Comment

Hi sam11976,

Please follow up with me via email as per post five and I'll look in to this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post Anfedport  
                Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes