Gain Capital Currecy Tick Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gain Capital Currecy Tick Values

So ive been working on my ATM Strategies so that i can automatically place 2 target orders and 1 stop loss order upon execution of my entry orders by the ninja platform. i assumed ticks were the same as pips for the currency market. what i want to know is if i want to set my 1st profit target 168 pips away from my entry once the ninja platform executes my entry, how many "ticks" would i have to tell me atm strategy to place my limit orders? would it be 1680 ticks to get 168 pips? please let me know because i do not want to test it out live in my attempt to find the right calculation when all i need to know is where ninja locates the decimals when calculating the tick count for my ATM Strategy Stops & Targets... thanks!!

Hello TakeYourProfits,

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and check what setting is used for 'Quote currencies (FX) in'.

If set to Pip, you can enter 168 and your profit target will be submitted 168 pips away from your entry price. If set to HalfPip, you would enter a value of 336. TenthPip requires a value of 1680.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i really love that you guys stay on top of this forum. your quick replies have allowed me to setup and reduce my learning curve in getting familiar with the tools i purchased from you so i can get to the business of growing my account size. i really do appreciate your guy's help!

Comment

Activating an ATM Strategy once the parameters are set correctly

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello TakeYourProfits,

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and check what setting is used for 'Quote currencies (FX) in'.

If set to Pip, you can enter 168 and your profit target will be submitted 168 pips away from your entry price. If set to HalfPip, you would enter a value of 336. TenthPip requires a value of 1680.
        So now that i have the parameters set correctly, thanks to your help, is there any way i can associate an atm strategy to an active trade so that my current trade can be governed by the updated atm strategy?

Comment

Unfortunately this is not possible.

If you have an open position without any stop loss or profit target orders protecting it you can submit orders manually.

Please right click in the SuperDOM and enable 'OCO order'.

Submit the orders that will function as your stop loss and profit target. For example, if you are in a long position, you will submit a sell limit order (profit target) and a sell stop market or stop limit order (stop loss).

Right click in the SuperDOM and disable 'OCO order'. Please do not forget to disable it. If it remains enabled, all subsequent orders will be submitted as OCO orders.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post yertle
          by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          2 responses