Connecting to IB - newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to IB - newbie

Forgive me if this is an obvious question . . .

I am running E-Signal, going to use IB as my Broker. I have NT6, and I need to connect to IB TWS. From looking through these threads, I assume that I have TWS up and running, and then I use NT6 to open a connection to IB. Orders are then routed from NT to IB, and filled in TWS. Is that correct?

How do users get around the fact that TWS shuts down nightly, does the connection automatically reconnect? From the threads I gather this does not happen.

Does anyone have any experience with running E-Sig->NT->IB in an automated manner such that all you need to do prior the trading day is to ensure Internet Connectivity is up and running. I currently use E-Sig->Dynaorder->TWS and I have every aspect automated so that it is hands off from Sunday night through Friday night, and I am looking to replicate the same functionality with NT.

If there is a support page that outlines all of the steps to setting NT up with IB, I would help. I have looked, but have not found anything which clearly explains this.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out with this.

Regards,

Thomas.

Connecting

Hello,

1) Correct

2) IB does not automatically reconnect. You will have to do this manually.

3) Below is a link with instructions for how to set up IB.

Comment

Thanks so much

I knew it was out there somewhere, I was only looking at the support site found at:

Thanks again!!!

Comment

Interactive Brokers option not available - help?

When I tried to do this tonight, the list of possible providers in the Connection Options is only:

Esignal
        Gain
        IQFeed
        OpenTick
        Yahoo

Is this because the license that I have comes from having a FX Gain Capital account, and I do not get the full list of possible providers? I tried to follow the video of setting this up, I just do not have the option for Interactive Brokers.

Please advise . . .

T

Comment

Originally posted by arbifox View Post
          When I tried to do this tonight, the list of possible providers in the Connection Options is only:

Esignal
          Gain
          IQFeed
          OpenTick
          Yahoo

Is this because the license that I have comes from having a FX Gain Capital account, and I do not get the full list of possible providers? I tried to follow the video of setting this up, I just do not have the option for Interactive Brokers.

Please advise . . .

T
          Hi,

I downloaded the latest NinjaTrader.

Similarly I do not have IB as an connection option.

Another problem is the submission of license key, I will always receive the message "Failed to verify license". I am very sure I am not running any firewall nor virus scanning program.

Cheers

Comment

Please send me a mail to "support AT ninjatrader DOT com" for further help.

Comment

To clarify, you guys are following the steps outlined here right? http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Following Instructions on website

Josh,

I even watched the video!!! I am sure this is a small issue, but the option for IB is not on the drop down. I will mail this thread to the support mail you mentioned.

I suspect that licenses that come from Gain Capital are limited so that they can only be used to connect to FX based brokers or providers. However, in my case, I am porting a futures trading system as a test to ensure that NT is working identical to my current production system before I migrate my program to trade FX.

I will be perfectly happy with a temporary license to NT that does have full capabilities, just for a transition period.

Regards,

Thomas.

Comment

That is the problem, you need a standard license for IB. You can use a simulation license key that will access both GAIN and IB in sim mode only.

Request this from suppport.
                  RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                  Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                  5 responses