Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no ZQ futures in ninja 7

Hi,

I'm using NJ7 and I cant seem to get the DOM to pull data for ZQ futures. I tried the current month ZQ with all exchanges and none of them will pull any data in the DOM or charts. Please help.

Hello floyd084,

Thank you for your post.

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Do you get live data to these instruments from the Orders tab of the Control Center or from a Chart?

Do you get any errors on screen? Any errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi,

I'm connected to zen-fire. im trying to get live data and historical data from a chart. I do get errors, I've tried loading ZQ 9-11 from different exchanges, cboe, cme, ecbot, and globex. On the cboe, cme and ecbot exchanges I get a "Error on loading chart data for 'ZQ 09-11 Cboe': Ninjatrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available." For the globex I get "Instrument 'ZQ 09-11' not supported" Does this mean these products can't be traded through Ninjatrader?

Comment

floyd084,

There will not be any historical data recorded on the data servers for ZQ so you will not able to load it in a chart, however I believe you should be able to trade it through Zen-Fire.

I will need to set this up and test it on Monday to know for sure. I will update this thread when I have the working settings for real-time data.

Comment

Matthew,

Thanks for the help, I do know that I can trade ZQ futures through zen-fire as my other platforms allow me to see and access ZQ order book. but for whatever reason I cant pull up ZQ on ninja dom or charts. I understand that I may not be able to get historical data, but I should be able to record new data from the live data, granted that I can receive live data through ninjatrader.

Comment

Please reset your instruments with the steps I have provided below:
            • Disconnect
            • Tools
            • Options
            • Data tab
            • Reset Instruments
            • Restart NinjaTrader
            • Remove ZQ from your Default instrument list and add ZQ 09-11 back in
            • Reconnect

Next please let me know if you receive values within the Orders tab of the Control Center.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by floyd084 View Post
              Matthew,

Thanks for the help, I do know that I can trade ZQ futures through zen-fire as my other platforms allow me to see and access ZQ order book. but for whatever reason I cant pull up ZQ on ninja dom or charts. I understand that I may not be able to get historical data, but I should be able to record new data from the live data, granted that I can receive live data through ninjatrader.
              Please see Post #6 from a recent thread which contains information on how to get real-time data working for ZQ from Zen-Fire:

Comment

Thanks, that fixed it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Javierw.ok  
                Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM