Automatic Feed Connection on Start-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Feed Connection on Start-Up

I am porting an existing strategy that runs in E-Signal, using IB as my broker. NT is going to be my new middleware layer. How do I have NT automatically connect to either a E-Signal feed or IB feed upon start-up?

This runs hands off, so this is very important. In addition, if I run this with a live account setting, then is this needed? Ultimately, all I want to do is to set a Scheduler to kick off NT, and have everything up and running upon start up.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas.

Hi Thomas:

Thank you for your post and choosing NinjaTrader to run your automated system!

Unfortunately, there is not a setting within NT to automatically connect to your broker (IB) or your datafeed (eSignal) upon starting the software. You will need to establish the connection to both by going to File > Connect > Your user defined account connections.

I will forward your comments to our development team for their list of possible future enhancements to the NinjaTrader software.

Enjoy your day and happy trading.
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Complete Configuration Wish List

Ryan,

Thanks for your response. I am working on porting a trading system running on Esig->DynaOrder->IB to Esig->NT->IB. I am working through the message board to learn as much as I can about how this is set-up.

Currently, I have a paper trader account at IB, and that is how the simulated mode works in my existing set-up. The reason I would need NT to autoconnect to a feed is due to TWS restarting every night. You must do this as they reset their servers over night.

I would be fine just keeping NT on from Sunday night through Friday night, so long as I know the connection would automatically reconnect itself. Otherwise, what is the point of designing an automated system if I have to perform certain steps manually?

From a developer's feedback standpoint, this is key. I have been running my system in a 100% automated mode for some time now. I trade primarily US Equity Index Futures, but if I wanted to trade the DAX for instance, using NT I would have to get up at 2:30 AM to establish the connection?

Just my 2 cents . . . but I am liking the product so far.

Regards,

Thomas

Comment

Connecting

Hello,

Currently NinjaTrader does not automatically connect after the server shutdown.

I will forward your suggestions to development and have them add it to our future enhancement list.

Comment

Truly Automated

I have been using DynaOrder for years now, they just do not support FX, hence my desire to start using NT. Each aspect of the functionality for DO->IB could be automated so it is hands off, and I am sure that is what users of NT would ultimately want.

If I am going to trade FX through Gain Capital, I trust all the orders are going directly through NT, so I will not have any issues with connecting to the Broker. Trading FX I will start around 3 AM, so I hope that I will not have to set an alarm to manually do anything?

To my understanding, trading FX with Gain, does NOT require a Broker Application running locally, and that all order routing is done internal to NT.

Regards,

Thomas.

Comment

Connecting

Hello

Thanks again for your suggestion and coments. Your understading is correct in that you do not need a Borker application running while trading Forex with Gain.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
            9 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post f.saeidi  
            Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Tim-c