Multiplier-Contract Help on backtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiplier-Contract Help on backtest

Hello..I have been backtesting a lot on EUR/USD but the Total Net Profit results apear eg. $4.80 dollars won... it is like i have a missing multiplier somewhere..
    when i go to Instrument Management in EUR/USD in its properties, it sais Point Value "100.000"...shouldn't this be 125.000 instead?is this a mistake that i should fix?the ticksize is 0,0001...
    is this something that is happening only in backtest but when it will go live, it will be auto-fixed?
    thanks in advance and sorry if it is a newbie question!!!!

Hello Qualitiedx,

The point value and tick size are setup correctly by default.

You will need to use order quantities such as 100,000 in the Strategy Analyzer if you backtest forex instruments. Please see the link below for information.

Running FX NinjaScript Strategies in the Strategy Analyzer, Simulated Data Feed Connection or Market Replay
    Running an FX strategy in the Strategy Analyzer for a historical backtest, in real-time connected to either the Simulated Data Feed or Market Replay order quantities will always represent the total units of the base currency being traded. A lot size of one equals a base currency unit of one and DOES NOT equal a typical "standard" lot size of 100,000. Therefore, if you want to trade a standard lot you would use an order quantity of 100,000.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 07-25-2011, 03:38 AM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your answer Jason!You guys are fast
      One last question..the standard lot size of eur/usd is not 125.000? -> the size of the contract?so, if i want to 'get' exactly one contract i will trade for a quantity of 125.000 right?

and what about if i go live?the same thing will apply there too or not?thanks again!

Comment

The standard lot size is 100,000. A mini lot would be 10,000 and a micro lot is 1,000. I am not sure why you refer to 125,000.

It will be different when you trade your live account.

Running FX NinjaScript Strategies on a Live Brokerage Connection
        Running an FX strategy on a live brokerage connection either in a live funded account or a simulation (Sim101) account order quantities will reflect the lot size convention that your brokerage trades in. For example, if your brokerage has a lot size of 1 that equals 100,000 units of the base currency (a "standard" lot) then use a value of 1 to trade 100,000 base units.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think i got it!Thank you for your time Jason!!!
          Maybe i'll test it on the simulation for a better realization!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          172 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post sidlercom80