Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can someone please help me develop this strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone please help me develop this strategy?

I have been trying to get this strategy to work on Ninja Script and I am having no luck. Perhaps it is the sequence that I am using. I am new to this but understand the importance of developing a good strategy and being able to back test that strategy. If anyone can please help me I would really appreciate it. If anyone would like to add any suggestions on how I can improve my strategy or how I can get it to work, I am all ears. An example of a strategy that I am having trouble running includeds the following:

Trading Setup
    • Trade on daily chart (swing trading)
    • 5 SMA applied to the close
    • 10 SMA applied to the close
    • Stochastic (14,3,3)
    • RSI (9)

Trading Rules

Entry Rules

Enter long (IJR) if:
    • The 5 SMA crosses above the 10 SMA and both stochastic lines are heading up (do not enter if the stochastic lines are already in the overbought territory)
    • RSI is greater than 50

Enter short (SBB) if:
    • The 5 SMA crosses below the 10 SMA and both stochastic lines are heading down AND (do not enter if the stochastic lines are already in oversold territory)
    • RSI is less than 50

Exit Rules

Exit Rules (Go into Bonds or Money Market)
    • Exit when the 5 SMA crosses the 10 SMA in the opposite direction of your trade OR if RSI crosses back to 50
    • Exit when trade hits stop loss of -3%

My main concern is to be able to back test more complex strategies that allow me to go back and forth between long trades , short trades, and bonds, (back and forth between the IJR, SBB, and some type of bond or money market fund). Is this possible on your website? If not can you please point me in the right direction.

If no one can help me develop some code or how to make the correct inputs on ninja trader, can you perhaps refer me to one of the many outside code developers that ninja trader provides? Approximately how much is it fair to charge for such a project? Is my strategy even any good?

Hi Levi, the list of our 3rd party NinjaScript consultants can be found here:

AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rtwave
    by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
    7 responses