No Chart Loads for Some Instruments Even With Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Chart Loads for Some Instruments Even With Data

I'm trying out NinjaTrader and experiencing a problem where bars do not load in the chart window for some instruments (but do load for others) despite the data existing in the Historical Data Manager.

Here's what I can do to reproduce the problem:
    1. Uninstall NinjaTrader and delete all remaining traces (like the NinjaTrader 7 folder in My Documents and anything in the registry)
    2. Reinstall the latest version of NinjaTrader from the website (7.0.1000.6).
    3. Run either of the 32 or 64-bit executables from the created desktop shortcuts and enter a sim license number
    4. Connect to Kinetick through File > Connect.
    5. Create a new chart through File > New > Chart.
    6. Double-click on the FDAX 09-11 contract under the list of the 6 default futures. (DataSeries Window)
    7. Click OK.

The chart that pops up doesn't contain any bars:

However, if I repeat the same process for the ES contract there, it'll show up just fine (DataSeries Window, Chart)

There's no popup saying FDAX is an unrecognized instrument like there is for instruments like the Hang Seng Index future (HSI) - the chart window just comes up and it's blank. However, looking at the Historical Data Manager I can definitely see that it's loading the FDAX data from Kinetick just like it is for the ES chart: http://i.imgur.com/pcFg6.png

The other remaining four default futures load fine, as do a number of currencies. However the same behavior exists for other futures, such as ZC and CC, and for what seem to be all stocks. The same thing occurs when using a Yahoo connection for stocks too - after creating a Yahoo connection, connecting (just to Yahoo), and creating a new chart for a symbol such as AAPL or GE, en empty chart window will appear but the price data shows up in the Historical Data Manager downloaded from Yahoo.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.

Does anyone have any ideas for why I can view charts for some instruments but not others despite the data downloading for both?
    Last edited by Grissom; 07-24-2011, 02:59 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please right mouse click within your chart-->Data Series-->Session Template-->Set to "Default 24/5"--> Click Ok.

Keep in mind when connecting to Kinetick Free EOD within NinjaTrader this will give you access to End of Day Daily data which may be used to create Day, Week, Month and Year charts.

If you are looking for a data provider for real time data as well hisotircal Tick and Minute data I recommend using Kinetick: (Our Preferred Data Feed Service Built Specifically for NinjaTrader 7). With a subscription to Kinetick you will then receive real time data and at least 120 days of historical tick data, two years of minute data, and ten years of daily data, much more for popular instruments.

Click Here to Subscribe to Kinetick

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That did the trick. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Glad to hear that did the trick.

Have a great evening!
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am seeing the same issue. Data is downloaded and stored, but doesn't appear in the chart. Changing session has no effect. I've removed the symbol, and re-added it.
          Last edited by cmaxb; 03-24-2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

i restarted Ninja, and it ok.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aa731
            by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM