Daat Series Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daat Series Question...

Is it easy, possible, or otherwise to turn my default data series on a given chart from price to percentage, so that I might:

-- view 3 (or 4 or 5) stocks in the same sector and compare the % amount that each is up or down on one chart, so as to determine leaders and laggards.

An example being that oil is rallying ona given day and I want to see when certain oil names go up or down with much more relative force than their peers.

As a final note, on this chart, I want no data series to appear which is actual last trade price of the instrument.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by alabell; 07-21-2011, 01:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Hello alabell,

This is not possible with the default GUI but you can do some of these things with custom programming. You can define the calculations you want in an indicator, add it to a chart, and hide the main price bars.

You also may want to check out the market analyzer. This is a quote sheet that can setup columns for things like net change.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks ryan. I have programmed a number of of custom indicators so this is not the issue, and I have also utilized the market analyzer extensively.

The question becomes:

if I "hide" the main price bars will I also be getting rid of the y axis scale (which is the desired effect), because, in theory, I want the chart lines to be plotted on a chart in the same relative terms; for example from up 8% to down 8%.

If I hide the primary price bars, will the axis remain, (in the case of a 40 dollar stock, for example) and range from $39.00 - $41.00, which will render the 11 dollar instrument "not visible" on my screen.

Thanks for any clarification.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. You can maximize a given indicator / price panel: Right click in the vertical axis for a panel > Maximize. The other panels are still there but not visible. That's probably the most straightforward way to do it, but can also set price bars as transparent and work with their scaling properties in Right Click > Data Series screen.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 07-21-2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

the last response was unclear tome: is there a functional way to create achart where the y axis ranges from +10% to -10% for example? I guess it would be a custom axis for my chart basically.

Comment

Yes, you can manually set the vertical axis scale as well. Right click in the y axis > Properties > Change Range to fixed and define your max and min.

Comment

ty ryan i will work with this info tonight.

regards.

Comment

Originally posted by alabell View Post
                the last response was unclear tome: is there a functional way to create achart where the y axis ranges from +10% to -10% for example? I guess it would be a custom axis for my chart basically.
                Just make your indicator use left scale justification. The scale will always be relative to the indicator that way.

Comment

ah very good. thank you for that tip.

regards.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post techgetgame  
                  Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM