Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Higher Time Frames

Hi

I am trying to use the standard features of MA to show when the WilliamsR indicator emerges from the Over Bought Over Sold Zones on the 240m 480m and Daily Time Frames for all major FX pairs.

I only need to use the previous bar but I have to use at least 256 bars look back for it to work and this seems to take forever on just one TF. I am calculating on Bar Close.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something like using the wrong tool.

I have a Quad 4 processor and 8mb of mem normally caters for anything I throw at it!

Thanks

Alan
    Last edited by saintalan; 07-20-2011, 12:30 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

This could take a while as you have to download the historical data. The calculations probably not taking that long its probably the download of historical data. As it is loading 240 bars back of 240m charts which is a lot of minute data to download for every single instrument in your MA.

Anyway you can reduce the number of bars back you need?

Comment

Thanks Brett, have managed to get it to show data with 21 bars, so thats better, somehow earlier I tried 200 and it would not work, but hey ho...

Only problem although I use an alert and/or filter condition whatever the result it just shows the current data, even if outside of condition.

Also I guess it is not possible to compare with previous bar?

Thanks

Alan

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

Glad to hear that worked.

On your display question this is expected when its not in a condition, and it is also unfortunately not possible to compare values dynamically or from another bar. To do this you must do this in a indicator or NinjaScript strategy with custom coding and not in the market analyzer.

You can contact one of our NinjaScript consultants to assist you with coding this or you can use our NinjaScript guide and forums to code this indicator yourself if you are a programmer.

NinjaScript Consultants:

NinjaScript Help Guide:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

OK thanks, I think I did not phrase the first part well but understand the point re comparing to other bars etc.

So, if I set a condition with an alert, that will show in the MA regardless of true/false?

If I set the condition with a filter then I can hide those true?

If I write my own strat/indi is there any way to display it in the MA or some other custom manner rather than checking each chart?

Thanks

Alan

Comment

Hello,

You can use a filter condition yes or even set a cell condition to replace the contents of the cell when the condition is met. If you look into cell condition this should do what you need instead of doing it with manual coding.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            172 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80