tradermav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tradermav

Hey guys, does anyone here know if Ninja 7 can automate a swing strategy for stocks with the free end-of-day data from Kinetick. Sent Kinetick an email but got no reply.

Hi tradermav,

Running live strategies requires a real time data feed, which is not available with the free Kinetick end of day connection.

If you plan to automate a strategy using one of our supported brokers, they will supply the real time data feed. See the link below for a list of our data providers / broker technologies and what level of data is offered.

Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hi tradermav,

Running live strategies requires a real time data feed, which is not available with the free Kinetick end of day connection.

If you plan to automate a strategy using one of our supported brokers, they will supply the real time data feed. See the link below for a list of our data providers / broker technologies and what level of data is offered.

Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider
      Ryan thanks for reply but I'm not running a live strategy, sorry if I didn't explain correctly.

I'm actually talking about back testing a swing strategy for stocks using Kinetick's free EOD data and daily bars, can this be done or do I still need real-time data?

Comment

Yes, you can backtest strategies on Kinetick end of day. Kinetick EOD supplies daily and higher data and NT can backtest with whatever data is available.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 07-20-2011, 09:55 AM.

Comment

When I try to back test with Kinetick eod data on Sandisk stock nothing happens -- I get no results, what might I be doing wrong.

I've run back tests before with real-time futures data and got results.

Comment

Nothing you're doing wrong. This is likely due to issue that will be resolved in next NT release. For now, work around is changing the session template for these instruments.

Click Tools > Instrument manager > Search for Sandisk and edit > Change session template to Default 24 / 7. You should then be able to backtest successfully.

When the upgrade is available that fixes this, you will receive notification in the platform.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 07-20-2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Ok Ryan thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jclose
              by jclose