"Global" Money Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Global" Money Management

Are there any way to control money management setting in NT, especially for Automated Trading?

For example, say I only want to trade 20% of my equity.

Or, I will allow a 10% drawdown but then no new trades may be entered, or perhaps even all strategies become disabled upon a 10% drawdown.

Thanks

Hi outstretchedarm,

Yes, it's possible to work with the trade performance class for money management, and halt strategies after a condition. Trade Performance statistics are specific to the strategy that generates them, so you would have to do your own aggregation from multiple strategy instances. That could be done reading/writing to a file.

These two samples can help working with TradePerformance:

Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks.

I'm starting to notice that alot of key features need to be coded. Of course, I can't code worth a lick. Maybe a wizard for this in the future, or an options window?

Comment

Yes, our strategy framework is built with C#, a complete coding language. There can be an initial learning curve if you have never been exposed to programming concepts. We also offer a point and click GUI for creating strategies, in the strategy wizard.

This is good to get you started, and you can create a lot of different conditions and actions there that interface directly with NinjaScript.

Of course, working with code provides the most control. If you have run into the limit with what you can do in the strategy wizard, next step is learning NinjaScript or consider hiring a consultant if you have limited time or programming experience.

Comment

This is exactly what I am looking for...do you know where to find some examples?

Thanks
          Bob

Comment

Bob, you could for example look into this simple example attached created solely with the Strategy Wizard - you can import the zip via File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript.
            Attached Files
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              Bob, you could for example look into this simple example attached created solely with the Strategy Wizard - you can import the zip via File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript.
              Thanks Bertrand... I imported and it works fine on its own, had some difficulties integrating with my strategy... Will work it and make it work.... I keep track of day of week and time of day as well and I think that this goes into same protected overide. or a separate protected overide?

Comment

If you have your own variables, these belong in the variables region. You should not have to create a new method or event handler (protected override void), unless you have a specific need.

Most all the coding you're doing will take place within the structure created when you create a new script. The different parts of a NinjaScript indicator are explained here:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post techgetgame  
                Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes