Missing Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Data

This morning my server locked up and I had to reboot. I was running a chart for CL 09-11 using Renko 65 bars. When I fired NT back up and tried to reload the data I am missing date from 7/10 thru 7/13. I am running Kinetick. Is there any way to reset or recapture this data?

I have tried numerous times and it just won't reload these dates. This is the 3rd or 4th time I have experienced this. I always try to never shut down any chart once I start using it because the historical never is an exact match for the real time data. This is not a big deal, but it presents problems when days are missing off the chart.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please set your chart to a smaller Renko value for example 6 Renko and let me know if the data then displays for the days currently missing.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, I reset it to 6 Renko and data is still missing.

Comment

Hello,

Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:
        • Disconnect
        • Tools
        • Historical Data Manager
        • Edit tab
        • Select CL-->Right mouse click-->Delete
        • Close NinjaTrader
        • Documents
        • NinjaTrader 7
        • Open the db folder
        • Open the cache folder
        • Select all files-->Right mouse click-->Delete
        • Open NinjaTrader
        • Connect
        • Open a new chart

Comment

OK, Thanks, much appreciated !

Comment

I did as instructed and now I can't load any data before July 10. I tried on another NT version on another machine and the same thing occurred. I tried smaller Renko Bars down to 10 Renko. Still no data before the 10th. Is this a data feed issue??

Comment

When requesting tick data between the hours of 9:30am ET to 4:30pm ET you will have access to 8 days of historical tick data. If you request the data outside those hours the full 120 days is available. After you request the data, it will be downloaded to your historical database and cache, and you will be able to access this data at any time.

Requesting tick data consumes an extremely large amount of bandwidth and heightens data server loads. When bandwidth or server load is elevated to high levels, the result is that all data, including live data can be slowed down. This is obviously not an ideal situation for traders, so many providers choose to only make a very limited amount of historical data available, or they do not provide historical tick data at all. Or, they choose to compromise and just make filtered data available.

Kinetick has decided to approach this in a different, smarter, more elegant way. We decided to make 120 days of tick data available, far more than other providers, and will not compromise the data by filtering it. We simply reduce any possibilities of overloading servers and bandwidth, by limiting the amount of data available during peak trading time, the times that traders need data to be as fast as possible.

Please let me know if you can then load additional data outside Exchange hours.

Comment

Makes sense to me, I was not aware of this restriction. I will load the data after the markets close.

Thanks again.

Comment

No problem at all, glad to help out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator