MB Trading Historical Data Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB Trading Historical Data Problem

During the past 24 hours, I've been getting this error message from time to time when I try to load historical data onto my chart!

"error on reloading data: error (errClientSideRecv) on loading historical data (Panic)"

This has never happened before when using NT7. Do you have documentation on this problem?

I'm running 1000.6 and I do have the newest version of the MB Navigator.

Any help you can offer is appreciated!

Hi fury661,

Thank you for your post.

We've recently learned that MB Trading has just implemented some bandwidth throttling which will limit the amount of data you can load at once. You'll want to follow up with MB Trading for more information about this new limitation and for advice on the steps you can take to make sure you don't run in to this message.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is really frustrating. I've followed up with them twice and they are "trying to get me answers"... I just switched to their brokerage less than a month ago. So far, I have had a number of technical support issues with their Web site, their NT connection, their MetaTrader 4 connection, and their proprietary platforms. Disappointed.

Thanks for your help, Kyle. I'll let you know how this situation turns out.

Comment

Hello,

Is this a tick chart this is occurring on as this is the only known case of seeing this error? If not what kind of chart and how much data are you loading?

Thank You.

Comment

I got some great answers today from Chris at MB Trading. Very helpful.

@Brett
          It happens whenever I hit "Reload All Historical Data" on a chart of ANY time frame... daily, tick, range, minute (the only 4 types I use).

The only way I've been able to consistently prevent it from doing that is to lower the amount of data I request.... on a minute chart (of any length 5 minute bars to 240 minute bars), it typically will let me see 5-10 days maximum, which is ridiculous if you're trying to visually inspect the chart for trends and support/resistance.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

It even gives me the message when I try to load historical data when I'm NOT connected to MBT at all. I purchased a data package full of minute data and tick data back to 1998 on the major FX pairs, and now it won't even let me see that information!

Earlier this thread, it was suggested that this was a problem with MB Trading. This latest problem is making me think it is a NinjaTrader problem.

PS> One more thing.... this only started happening this past Friday... I did not have trouble like this before... I loaded 10 years worth of 60 minute bars on the EURUSD two weeks ago and it did it no problem!

Comment

Hello,

Glad to hear.

This is consistent with other reports I have of this but have yet to get something concrete yet.

I'm concerned that your reloading all historical data and you have an indicator that is loading tick data in the background or a tick chart up at the time you select to reload all historical data.

Heres what I suggest as a test. Can you please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett in the subject line and reference this forum post. Please include your phone number.

I will want to remote into your PC and take a look at some settings and see what might be causing this. I know that there is a new limit to how much historical data you can download at once however it is unclear if this is the main issue you are facing here or not without looking into further.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

i am having a similar problem. however, i am using td ameritrade and forex.com/gain historical data. i really am only trying to keep it simple; all i want to be able to do is look at any 1 hour 2 hour, or 4 hour chart over a period of at least 180 days. when looking at the eur/usd, on a monthly chart, for example, even when i go into the data series to input the amount of time to load depending on the value of the period type, i get a very limited amount of data that can be seen, which like someone mentioned earlier, is ridiculous if you need to identify major zones of support and resistance. the td ameritrade data seems to come through fine, however, i am getting an error message this morning that says: "Error on reloading data: Error - response too short {2D}{20}{2D}{20}{2D} (Panic).... aside from that and the forex.com data coming through for a period of no more than one minute at a time...you guessed it, im not taking trades on my $1500 multi broker forex platform just yet... can you please help me out getting the kinks in this data worked out so i can start trading again. thanks for your quick response

Comment

Hi TakeYourProfits,

Thanks for your post.

I see that you're working on (what looks to be) the same issue in another thread with NinjaTrader_Matthew. Please continue to work with him there and it should be possible to get things up and running fairly quickly.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kujista
                by kujista

Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                0 responses