Custom Indicator ==> Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Indicator ==> Market Analyzer

I have built a custom indicator...multi time frame...which compares different chunks of volume to the amounts I would have expected a stock to trade...over 1 min 10 min 1 hr 1day 10 day, etc...fairly flexible with timeframes.

I have created a chart to display the output; testing the values manually today as the indicator plots, it is right on the money and the graphical is rendering correctly and as expected..

Nevertheless, when I try to add this indicator to my market analyzer so that i can a. backtest using the market analyzer and b. record certain values to hone my in-development strategy, I get either:

-- error messages like "NaN" or "InfiniteM", or

-- a totally unrelated result like Close[0]; //calculate on bar update set to true.

My calculation, if and when correctly output, would be a multiple of the expected volume traded, where 0.50 would mean half as much volume as I expected went off and 2.5 would mean that I expected one million to trade but the instrument actually traded 2.5MM during the period.

I can be more specific if needed but let's start here. Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Hi alabell, if you see no issues on your chart but on the MA - what kind of lookback settings are you using, is enough historical data present to do the calculations as needed?

You would control that in the MA properties section - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...properties.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the response bertrand but no matter how many bars i go back, InfinityM is the errormessage.

Edit: You were 100% right Bertrand, I did need to make sure I was going back far enough in terms of overall bars data, and I missed one field where it needed to be changed. Thank you for your really great help on this issue, it's now a mistake i won't make again.

regards.
      Last edited by alabell; 07-15-2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes