Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Blank Charts, but on Stocks Only

Hello,

The NT program seems to connect to both Google and Kinetick fine, but whether I connect to Google or Kinetick I'm getting blank charts for stocks. About a month ago I was utilizing PFGBEST for currency and Forex. At that time I was able to view stocks without a problem. I have been using MBTrading for Forex since. The Forex charts are perfect. I just tried today to access stock charts and they're blank. I see no errors in the log.
    - I closed and re-opened NT
    - I repaired the DB
    - I deleted the historical data for the stocks I was trying to view
    - I could not resolve the issue. Can you help?
    - Also, is it possible that changing to MBTrading could have anything to do with the issue?

Thanks.

Hello RookieTrader,

Please note that Google and Kinetick EOD provide historical daily data only, so you will only be able to load daily charts - minute and tick data is not supported.

There is a known issue in NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.6 which causes daily charts not to load data using most session templates. It is solved by using the 'Default 24/7' session template. Please make sure the 'Default 24/7' session template is selected in the chart. Please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Set 'Session template' to 'Default 24/7' and check if you display price bars.

The issue will be fixed in the next version (7.0.1000.7) and does not occur in version 7.0.1000.5 either which is still available on our download page.

Let me know if this will not work for you.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

That did the trick.

Thanx for the interim fix and update

Comment

NT Version 7.0.1000.7 Blank Charts

I am on 7.0.1000.7 and connected to Kineticks. I'm green, connected, and also have all strategies enabled, but almost everyday I notice the live feed stops - although I'm still showing connected and enabled, and the log doesn't show any records of losing connections either.

I've also noticed, when I type in a chart to change instrument or open new chart, the chart goes blank - all white. When I close down NT and restart the same saved workspace - it all pops back up.

Do I have NT settings wrong or could it be my server, etc??

Lastly - when I try to create new instrument list within instrument manager - it is not pulling any common ETF tickers I am trying to add to the list. When I create a new chart - it says it can't pull the chart because it's not in the database? I am green/connected when trying to do this.

Please advise....

Thanks!

Compass

Comment

Hello Compass,

Can you please install our latest version (7.0.1000.8). It contains fixes and enhancements compared to the old version. You can download and install the latest version from the link below on top of your current version. Make sure NinjaTrader is closed when you install the new version.

Check if the "disconnections" still persist.

How exactly do you change your chart. Do you change it in the Data Series menu or do you type the new instrument. Do you open the chart with a chart template applied? If so, does it make a difference if you create the chart without a chart template?
          Do you notice any consistency between these blank charts - perhaps it only occurs for some instruments?

Could it be your Kinetick subscription does not include these ETF instruments?

Comment

NT Blank Charts

Jason,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've updated to the newest version. I see live data continue to come through, yet noticed two things:

1) When i try to load a new chart - either through typing into existing chart or through instrument lists, they come in blank - even though i'm still "connected".

2) No position, avg price, etc are coming through on my strategies.

We are subcribed for all NASDAQ / NYSE and the ETFS are coming through with live data - the problem happens when we try to bring up a new chart / occasionally the live data stops / and when we re-start NT, everything goes back to normal - except no strategy data like positions, ave price, etc, don't show up.

Thanks again.

COMPASS

Comment

Can you please try the following. Disconnect your data feeds in NinjaTrader and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and check if newly created charts will load data as expected.

Am I correct you refer to custom created automated strategies in NinjaScript? Could it be the strategy did not submit any orders yet, so no position are taken either? Please debug your strategy so it will function as you like. I am not a programmer myself so I will be not much help. General debug information can be found at the link below.

How many instruments do you have selected in the NinjaTrader that receive real-time data. Do you notice a difference if you reduce the amount of instruments?

Could it be the market is just not volatile when data stops - price just remains the same for a moment?

Comment

The compass strategy is running fine on NT on another computer - this seems to be more of a data connection problem.

Although we are connected / enabled, the chart data stops here and there, and when we try to re-load the data, the entire chart goes to white.

We use kinetic. Could it be a server / connection problem through our ISP?

Thanks again.

COMPASS

Comment

I am not sure if the issue is related to your ISP. Does the computer that runs the strategy fine connect with the same ISP?

Do you notice improvement if you reduce the amount of selected instruments?

How much historical data is requested in the chart and what period type is used? Does data load if you reduce the amount of historical data?

Do you have a chart template loaded in the charts that experience such an issue? Please check if you notice any consistencies in this regard - perhaps the issue only occurs when a certain chart template or indicator is loaded.

Comment

I've gotten all live data and P&L data on the control center from the strategies to finally come through.

Again, it seems like the connection drops suddenly on occassion.

The other computer running the same strategies has only one thing different - the data provider and the ISP.

Are there other data proviers than Kinetic, IB, or TD that we can consider? Thanks.

Thanks again.

Comment

Compass,

It depends on what you are trying to trade. For a list of what each data provider offers, please see the following link.

Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IBIS instead of kineticks?

NT,

We'd like to switch to interactive brokers, can we use IBIS - interactive brokers information services account? Will we be able to feed that through NT if we sign up for an IBIS account? Thanks!

Comment

Compass,

Unfortunately its not possible to use this service through NT. You can connect to IB's data service for real time quotes though.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
                          Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Adam. I can't get NT 7 to even open right now. It starts loading, then read, NT encountered a problem and needs to close.

I have 3.5 Net installed, i'm on XP, and overall am not aware of any computer issues in general.

Please advise or let me know if we can connect remotely to have a look around today ASAP. Thanks!

COMPASS

Comment

Compass,

Please send your diagnostic files so that we can look into the crash message.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please write Attn: RyanM and reference the following forum thread in the body of this message:
                              Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by llanqui, Today, 10:32 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post llanqui
                              by llanqui

Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
                              45 responses