Regression Channel not plotting correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regression Channel not plotting correctly

I have two data streams. A 2 minute and a 10 minute. I have made some changes to which panel the price bars occupy. The fact that I have two data streams seems to be important here because I don't think I have trouble when I only have a single data stream to work with.

The problem: when trying to create a regression channel using data from either stream the channel plots vertically at the last bar of the chart. I have an example picture attached. I have the parameters window open so you can see how I have the indicator setup.

The thing works great on a single data stream but as soon as I introduce a second data stream I am no longer able to plot a new regression channel indicator.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Note: In the attached image, I have attempted to put the regression channel on panel #1 which is the 10 minute chart. Panel #2 is the primary data stream. I have tried to create this indicator using both data streams with the same results.
    Attached Files

ShruggedAtlas,

Thanks for the report, I can see the same thing here. We will look into this.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      ShruggedAtlas,

Thanks for the report, I can see the same thing here. We will look into this.
      This was a response I got from another NT support forum:

"I have just checked on my side. I think there is a problem linked to the code of the indicators.

anaRegressionChannel (my version):

If you look at the charts below, you will notice that one of the regression channel has leaped backwards on the 6E chart, while it is correctly shown on the FDAX chart. After some time all the lines disappeared.

RegressionChannel (Ninja default version):

On the 6E chart there is the vertical line, which you also noted.

The indicator has a bug, which prevents its use on MultiTimeSeries Charts. You will notice it from the error messages in your log. Somebody needs to recode it, I will have a look tomorrow."

[images not included]

Comment

Here is an updated version of the file that should not have the issue. Save to documents\Ninjatrader 7\bin\custom and recompile. Let us know if you're still seeing it. This indicator was fixed in a previous release but upgrades do not make changes to your documents folder.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 07-15-2011, 09:05 AM.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post f.saeidi  
        Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes