Need to Remove NT settings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to Remove NT settings...

I set NT 7 to "auto logon" to Interactive Brokers TWS. The auto logon loop issue makes it impossible to now get back into NT and deselect "auto logon" in the connection settings. I tried uninstalling NT, but magically NT keeps its setting somewhere in Windows 7 where I can't find to delete it! So every time I re-install NT, it already knows the auth code and the settings that I had from the first install of the program, how do I delete these settings so I can start fresh?

Hello Kablooie!,

Can you please send me an email at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, including your Config.xml file. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread. You can find it at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7.

I will disable the 'Connect on startup' setting and attach the modified Config.xml file in my response. You will need to replace the Config.xml file and you will be able to start NinjaTrader.

When you uninstall NinjaTrader via Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features, it will not remove the NinjaTrader 7 folder in the (My) Documents folder. This folder contains all your settings and data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Previously I was deleting that folder (and uninstalling NT), and NT was still aware of the Authorization code and the auto login situation

Comment

Hello Kablooie!,

Strange, deleting the (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder will remove all settings and data including connections you have setup.

Please let me if this issue recurs.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I figured it out, I am new to Windows 7... I moved all my stuff from the "my documents" folder in windows XP to the folder that appeared to be the corresponding folder in windows 7 (it shows up with the windows user account name), but that's not the "my documents" folder anymore in windows 7! lol. my documents in windows 7 is under the "library", whatever that is

I had merely deleted the Ninjatrader 7 folder that I had copied over from my old computer and didn't realize it had nothing to do with the current installation. So I blame Microsoft for not telling me they changed stuff around

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin  
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888