holiday data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holiday data

Hi, is there any way to eliminate holiday such as today's data from futures charts where I am using "CME US Index Futures RTH" as the session template and I dont want to display today's (Monday) data since it is a holiday?

thanks.

Hello warrior,

You can create a custom session template that excludes the holiday. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager and create a custom session template. More information can be found at the link below.

Subsequently, load the session template in your futures charts for this week. You can use the default session template again next week.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Jason. Shouldn't this be done automatically by NT for July 4th and other known holidays when there are no RTH?

Comment

Unfortunately session templates go by week, so the default session templates are not configured for any holidays.

We do not have holiday templates available by default. I will forward your suggestion to have such session templates available to development. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

The suggestion to provide holiday session templates by default is inserted in our tracking system for future enhancements and has been assigned to ID# 956.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 07-07-2011, 02:00 AM.

Comment

I would say the better way would be once trader chooses "CME US Index Futures RTH" as the session template then NT automatically treats the national holidays as being outside the RTH as it should be and dont display any trades at all on those days. Is that what you were enhancement request means?

Comment

No, the suggestion refers to additional session templates that are configured for holiday hours.

Session templates are defined per week, so the 'CME US Index Futures RTH' session template cannot suddenly change it hours for a few weeks that contain a holiday.

I do not see how this can be accomplished automatically. However, I will forward this suggestion as well.

Comment

I would argue that since one can only have one template apply to a chart - NT should have a better way to handle holidays since they are outside of RTH as per CME http://www.cmegroup.com/tools-inform...dar/index.html and are known holidays at least for major indexes. So would be great to have holidays excluded from RTH template.

Comment

Your suggestion to have session templates updated with holiday hours automatically has been inserted in our tracking system as well. It is assigned to the same ID# - 956.

Comment

Hello!
                    I'm trading the ES during the RTH session. Since yesterday was a trading holiday (Presidents Day) I don't want the bars from yesterday displayed on my chart and I definiltely don't wan't them to affect my EMA(20). When can we expect a solution that excludes trading holidays from the RTH session?

Best Regards,
                    poseidon_sthlm

Comment

Hello,

A change here is on development's list of future considerations, but there is not currently an ETA for the change.
                      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello!

Yesterday we had a public holiday in the US (4th of July) which also is a trading holiday on the NYSE and therefore must not affect the RTH in the E-mini. But it does in NT. And therefore indicator values in the RTH wont be reliable for some days. What is the current status on the ID# - 956?

Best Regards,
                        poseidon_sthlm

Comment

Unfortunately there is no information if and when the suggestion will be included in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello.

Is there any update on this? Removing the holiday data from the RTH session has been on the list for future enhancements since Feb 2008, four and a half years ago!

Comment

Unfortunately there is no news.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM