Chart is empty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart is empty

I am successfull connecting to Kinetick, then trying to open a new chart, it show "loading data" for a few seconds, and then I see empty chart, what I am doing wrong?

Hello dima_mak,

Am I correct you connect to the free Kinetick EOD connection and you created a daily chart?

Unfortunately, there is a known issue in NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.6 which causes daily charts not to load data using most session templates. It is solved by using the 'Default 24/7' session template in the daily chart. Please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Set 'Session template' to 'Default 24/7'.

The issue will be fixed in the next version (7.0.1000.7) and does not occur in version 7.0.1000.5 either which is still available on our download page.

If you create a different chart, please tell me what period type is used and what instrument is selected. Does it make a difference if you right click the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Choosing 'Default 24/7' session template helped in every period type

P.S
      The problem appeared not only in daily charts.

Comment

Kinetic EOD data

Hi Jason
        I'm having the same problem, i have also changed the session to 24/7 & reloaded data but made no difference & I'm using 7.01.0006 version,

What I'm finding also is the reloading is affeting my charts where by the settings for the price bars & the swing indicator changes size,

Ang
        Last edited by Spaggetti Ninjja; 07-03-2011, 10:30 PM. Reason: Adding info

Comment

Hello Ang,

Can you please tell me what instrument you have selected in the chart. Does the issue occur for all instruments or only some?

Does it make a difference if you right click the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

Reloading historical data while connected to Kinetick EOD should not change price data and indicator values. Could you please provide me a reproducible scenario so I can test it on my end.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you point to downgrade instructions? Following your advice by using Default 24/7 made the charts show up, but I'm having trouble getting the data show up in Strategy Analyzer too...

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Hello dima_mak,

Am I correct you connect to the free Kinetick EOD connection and you created a daily chart?

Unfortunately, there is a known issue in NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.6 which causes daily charts not to load data using most session templates. It is solved by using the 'Default 24/7' session template in the daily chart. Please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Set 'Session template' to 'Default 24/7'.

The issue will be fixed in the next version (7.0.1000.7) and does not occur in version 7.0.1000.5 either which is still available on our download page.

If you create a different chart, please tell me what period type is used and what instrument is selected. Does it make a difference if you right click the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

Comment

Ok, same fix works in SA. However, I'm not planning on clicking through 600 instruments. Is there a way to globally apply this fix or do the downgrade?

Originally posted by tooncez View Post
              Can you point to downgrade instructions? Following your advice by using Default 24/7 made the charts show up, but I'm having trouble getting the data show up in Strategy Analyzer too...

Comment

Unfortunately there is not a global option available for Daily charts. If you would like to downgrade to NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.5 you may uninstall your current version within your Windows Control Panel-->Remove Programs then install NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.5 at the link I have provided below:

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post trilliantrader  
                Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
                1 response
                0 likes