Problems with Ninja Trader 7 after Windows 7 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Ninja Trader 7 after Windows 7 Update

Hello, I am having troubles with the data feed connection.

Ninja Trader tells me that Login failed and that I should check the account parameters.

All this happened after having a problem first with Ninja Trader itself. Windows made an automatic update for my Windows 7 operating system, after that update I tried to launch Ninja Trader, but an error appeared telling me that Ninja Trader stopped working. I restart the computer several times and the same message kept appearing.

So, I had to remove Ninja Trader and download it and reinstall it again. I think I installed a newer version than the one I had. The version I installed it is 7.0.1000.6. After installing it the new version and openning the platform then finally it launched. However, when I tried to connect to the zen-fire service to obtain the real-time data, the message that I mentioned before appeared.

I do not know if this is becuase I might have installed a different version for Ninja Trader.I deleted the Zen-fire account and created it back again. I even already got online support with Mirus, the data feed provider, but after doing some testings, they told me that the info of the demo account they gave is correct and the problem might be with relation the Windows update and Ninja Trader. One of the updates Windows did was the Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 and other securities updates. It also updated the security for Microsoft .NET framework 4 Client Profile.

As I said I can now open Ninja Trader, but I cannot connect with the Zen-Fire data feed and I already tried with two different accounts. What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Jorge

Hello Jorge,

Thank you for your post.

Please check your email as I had also responded to the previous ticket you sent in.

Please complete a clean installation of NinjaTrader using out Backup -> Reinstall -> Test -> Restore instructions.
    1.) Backup:
    Please create a backup of your settings using the steps listed at the following link:

You will also need to save a copy of your license key. You will find the key listed in the Help > License Key menu.

2.) Reinstallation:
    After backing up, please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
    1. Close all running applications.
    2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
    4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
    5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
    6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear ! history).
    7. Reboot your machine.
    8. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:

3.) Testing:
    After reinstalling NinjaTrader, please test and see if the issue persists.

4.) Restoring Settings:
    If the issue does not persist on the clean installation, please restore your settings using the steps listed here:

5.) Testing:
    After restoring your settings, please test again and let me know if the issue pops up.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by jgomez6K View Post
      Hello, I am having troubles with the data feed connection.

Ninja Trader tells me that Login failed and that I should check the account parameters.

All this happened after having a problem first with Ninja Trader itself. Windows made an automatic update for my Windows 7 operating system, after that update I tried to launch Ninja Trader, but an error appeared telling me that Ninja Trader stopped working. I restart the computer several times and the same message kept appearing.

So, I had to remove Ninja Trader and download it and reinstall it again. I think I installed a newer version than the one I had. The version I installed it is 7.0.1000.6. After installing it the new version and openning the platform then finally it launched. However, when I tried to connect to the zen-fire service to obtain the real-time data, the message that I mentioned before appeared.

I do not know if this is becuase I might have installed a different version for Ninja Trader.I deleted the Zen-fire account and created it back again. I even already got online support with Mirus, the data feed provider, but after doing some testings, they told me that the info of the demo account they gave is correct and the problem might be with relation the Windows update and Ninja Trader. One of the updates Windows did was the Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 and other securities updates. It also updated the security for Microsoft .NET framework 4 Client Profile.

As I said I can now open Ninja Trader, but I cannot connect with the Zen-Fire data feed and I already tried with two different accounts. What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Jorge
      Uninstall the Windows update KB2541763

Comment

Hi, Thanks Locoman.

That Windows update is not installed in my computer and yet I cannot connect with Zen-Fire. Any idea about any other windows update I should uninstall?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello jgomez6K,

Could you please send me an email at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com including your Zen-Fire username and password so I can test it on my end.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes