just the indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just the indicator

is there a way to just have an indicator in the window and not the actual chart part of it?

madLyfe,

Thank you for your post.

You mean to hide the data series or chart bars, but leave the indicator calculations on the chart?

If so there are a few ways to do this. I would suggest changing the chart style to 'line on close' and setting the color to "transparent". This will effectively hide the price data, but you can still plot the indicators from this data series.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      madLyfe,

Thank you for your post.

You mean to hide the data series or chart bars, but leave the indicator calculations on the chart?

If so there are a few ways to do this. I would suggest changing the chart style to 'line on close' and setting the color to "transparent". This will effectively hide the price data, but you can still plot the indicators from this data series.
      ya thats what i kinda want to do because the highlighted yellow part is where the chart data(bars) are, and the line is the separation of the indicator and the chart data(bars) as shown in the picture. if i move that line up or shrink the chart window anymore the whole NT will freeze up and stop responding so i have to end the NT task process and then restart it again.

Comment

Hello,

You can also right click on the indicators Y axis and select "maximize". That will only display the indicator panel and hide the price panel.

Please see our Help Guide article on Understanding panels for more information:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          Hello,

You can also right click on the indicators Y axis and select "maximize". That will only display the indicator panel and hide the price panel.

Please see our Help Guide article on Understanding panels for more information:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_a_chart.htm
          thanks a bunch matthew, that worked perfectly and didnt cause NT to crash.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
          19 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Radano
          by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes