High-Low Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High-Low Values

Not sure if this has been done before or if there is an indicator to accomplish this.
    After the first 5 minutes of trading, I want to capture the high and low of that bar, and if
    the next bar price is higher or lower by a specific amount, 0.02, 0.05, fire off an alert.
    I've looked at DailyHigh/DailyLow, but that is a running total. Can't use that for comparison to a previous bar.
    I've looked at CurrentOHL, but that's a little confusing using that in the market analyzer. When I add that, I get one column. So under the parameters I set
    show high=true, the low and open to false and plot current value=true.
    I thought by using this indicator and the DailyHigh I could compare values. DailyHigh being whatever the current daily high is and then using CurrentOHL to show me the current high value. But it appears both values are the same, DailyHigh=CurrentHigh.
    Setting an alert through the columns in market analyzer isn't much use. It appears I need a specific value to set, Alert if value equals -- I don't want equal, I want a comparison, alert if this bars high > previous bars high + 0.05, or conversly, if this bar's low < previous bars low - 0.05
    I'm hoping there is someway to do this, or it might have been done before.
    If not, guess I'll have to bone up on C#

Thanks,

dj0903,

Thank you for your post.

This will required custom programming. You should be able to accomplish this using the Strategy Analyzer if you have limited C# experience.

Please see our Help Guide articles on How to use the Strategy Wizard and Strategy Analyzer as well as NinjaScript Strategies. More information on these subjects can be found below:

Lastly, we have a Automated Strategy Development Webinar to help you get up to speed on developing strategies:
    More information about these sessions can be found here:

Furthermore I have included links of our Help Guide and Video Library:

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes