display issue with crosshair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

display issue with crosshair

Hi there new user here excellent program!!

I have an issue with the global xhair leaving ghost traces on the woodies panel wherever it is sitting on the screen.......problem goes away when I scroll the chart or click on the chart but immediately starts to ghost again.

Also , should opentick give me real time data for futures or what connection can I use to test live data(not trade live obviously)

kindest regards, Ian

Which version of NinjaTrader are you on? NT6 or NT6.5 beta?

OpenTick should be able to provide you with real-time futures if you sign up with their real-time feed. Their real-time data feed is charged with a nominal exchange fee. If you want you can use their delayed servers for free though.

Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thx for the amazingly swift reply the same thing happened on both 6 and 6.5..............? I will test on my main machine also.

wwhen I connected to opentick during market hours the data would not update BUT would update after hours? Im fine with delayed data as long as it scrolls .

Comment

Is the crosshair case happening on blank charts too? As in charts with no indicators?

What instrument are you using with OpenTick? Check the session begin/end times on your charts to ensure that they are not cutting off data feed times. You can check these settings simply by double clicking on your chart.

The delayed data feed is 20 minutes delayed I believe. It will scroll your charts. OpenTick offers data for equities, futures, and indexes. Make sure you subscribed to the proper exchanges to receive the data you desire.

Happy Thanksgiving!
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was always wondering about this crosshair traces on my charts and was never sure if they were intended or accidentally drawn, but never found a setting to turn them off. They're a bit of a nuisance and it doesn't matter if a global or normal crosshair is used. NT 6 or 6.5 doesn't make a difference either and neither do indicators. Clicks and bar updates make them disappear.

Cheers
          Attached Files

Comment

Likely related to your video card. The only advise I could give is trying on a different video setup (if you can).

Comment

Actually, here is another one: you could try to disable hardware video acceleration.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions Dierk, I'll give it a try when I find time for it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                13 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post frankthearm