Bid and Ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bid and Ask

In the control center window, when I add an instrument to see the price, for example:
    type: future
    name: ES 09-11

The numbers that appear just below bid and ask, are the number of futures you can buy or sell at that particular price?

Thanks

Hello dvercher,

Thank you for your post.

Correct this number will reflect the amount of contracts available at that price at that specific moment.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Christopher,
      Two more questions, I am looking for the symbols of this contracts in the instrument manager but I can't find them, I thought the symbols where the foolowing but I was wrong:

BIO for the E-MINI NASDAQ BIOTECH IDX SEP 2010
      E5B for the EURO$ 5YR EMINI BUNDLE SEP 2010
      EED for theCME EMINI EURODOLLAR SEP 2010
      EME for the E-MINI S&P 500 EURO DENOM SEP 2010
      JE for the E-MINI JAPANESE YEN SEP 2010
      ME for the E-MINI EURO FX SEP 2010
      QCN for theE-MINI NASDAQ SEP 2010

The other question is how can I do to know the tick value of any contract. It is easy to know that if the ES value point is 50$ and the tick point is 0,25, then the tick value is 12,5.
      But for M6B would be 6250* 0,0001 = 0,625 $ a tick?

thanks

Comment

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
        • Press the "New" button
        • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
        • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
        • Press the "OK" button
        • * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
        • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
        • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
        • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
        • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
        You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.

The Tick value for M6B will $6.25. One option if you are not sure is to load the instrument then place a trade in simulation to see the exact Tick value associated to that instrument.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
        1 response
        0 likes