stop or stop limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop or stop limit

does the dom use stop or stop limit orders?

also, I am correct to assume that they reside on the exchange servers when placed?

Hi nightriderx,

Thank you for your post.

The SuperDOM can submit either Stop Limit or Stop Market orders depending on how they are placed, and for more information on placing those orders please see the following link:

Also, where there orders reside will depend but this is clarified at:
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

The definitions of the order states tie into that as well:
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok thanks. so for IB if an order is "working" it is definitely at the exchange?
      and "accepted" is definitely at the broker, not the exchange?

Comment

Hi nightriderx,

With IB it is going to depend on the type of order and if the exchange supports the order type. If so accepted orders will be at the exchange as well.

If the exchange does not support a particular order type then accepted would indicate they are with IB.

Accepted and working would mean it's always with the broker, and possibly the exchange depending on the order type and the exchange. As long as the order is accepted or working then your broker would have that order to be filled.

Comment

great, so how do I know if a stop or a stop limit order, on CL futures for example, is residing at the broker or exchange? is there a list for other futures/order types?
          thx!

Comment

Hi nightriderx,

That would depend on the exchange and the order type. For the order types that a particular exchange supports I would recommend you refer to the particular page for the exchange.

Within NinjaTrader you are able to place limit, stop-limit, and stop-market orders and those would be the order types to review with the exchange to see which ones are supported.

Comment

ok so for my example I have confirmed that both, stop and stop limit orders are supported by the exchange. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that the broker (IB) will send it as such...do you agree that IB may hold the order until the stop is hit and THEN send it to the exchange...? is there a 100% accurate way for me to tell if my order is definitely on the exchange? - or still at the broker?

Comment

Hi nightriderx,

If the exchange supports the order type and it is working then it should be active at the exchange. However, once an order is submitted in NinjaTrader and showing as at least accepted then the order management and submission would be on IB's servers.

It's possible they hold it, but I am not sure as that is something that you would want to confirm with IB.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post bmartz
                by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                4 responses