Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Veloscity/TT reconnecting problem

Hi,
    In Chicago I run serverhosting - virtual server - with NT7.00.1.6 = newest and I have problems with reconnection of NT7 to TT (Velocity). I have IQFeed for data connection which is alwas online (no problems according to log in NT7) but TT frequently loses connection and does not reconnect. I had to set up in options in NT7 999 999 seconds reconnect time as it did not reconnect and recalculated strategy before when it was set to 10 seconds. Now still when it loses connection it won't reconnect automatically.
    What should I reinstall or do to solve this, please help, I am running an automated system which missed many good and bad trades due to this "feature" and that is something I do not want. Obviously...
    Please help
    N.

Nicknamed,

The one setting you may want to look into for the TT connection is the server reset time. This is available under tools > account connections for your TT connection.

Generally it should reconnect. We can look in your trace file and see if there are any messages reported by the API that may prevent a successful reconnection.

Please send to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com and reference this thread. Let us know the date and time of a recent failed reconnection, and send the trace file that corresponds to this day.

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

* The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I tried that, did not help.
      Please what is Velocity-TT: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=Connected
      Usually I see both disconnected or connected but this one is different.
      Please see attached xlsx file (zipped in zip) for details (it is logs put together for better readability). I hope you can open it - as your forum does not support Microsoft 2007/2010 office - then if you still use that Office 2003, please download and install compatibility pack for that old version of office.
      Any help about connections appreciated.
      Thank you
      N.
      Attached Files

Comment

Uninstall the Windows update KB2541763 to solve the connection problem.
        Last edited by locoman; 06-30-2011, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the tip, but I use Windows 2003 server and this KB is not installed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post frankthearm  
          Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB