• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volatility ?

Hello.
    Is there a volatility indicator in NT ?
    Like on this picture...
    TradingPortalen.com The TradingPortalen.com website is now closed. You can find some of its best content still available here on Invezz.com SV; some of it ‘classic’ keeping its heritage, and a lot of it remastered bringing it up to date. Here are some of the key areas and pages previously on TradingPortalen.com: Learn more about past […]

Hello Draven,

Thank you for your note.

VIX is something which can be charted in NinjaTrader provided that your data provider offers data for indexes.

More information about the types of historical data which each provider offers is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, this is really getting out of hand...I have been trying to read Vix chart from my data provider for hours with no success.

I have live data IB subscription for the Vix. Please advise how I can chart the Vix with IB/TD or any other free data provider. Thanks.

Comment

Hello marzzipan,

Can you please disconnect from all data feeds in NinjaTrader and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and click Reset Instruments. Restart NinjaTrader, connect to IB and check if you now load data for the VIX.

Do you receive real-time data if you select the VIX in the Control Center-->Orders-tab?

If the issue remains, please let us what NinjaTrader version you have installed. You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

With Interactive Brokers, you can chart both the VIX index and the VIX future

Settings for Index (^VIX) : Symbol map: VIX, Exchange: CBOE
          Settings for Future (VX): Symbol map: VIX, Exchange: CFE

I just think that it is strange that the symbol map for the two instruments is the same. Hope that if I open a position in VIX futures and want to close it again, that NinjaTrader will not try to open an index position instead.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason