• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• koganam
    replied
    Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Dear NT Support:

If I place a long (short) order while a short (long) order is open does NT also send a close position order to complete the flip? Can I disable this? I am already handling the exit but NT is doubling on me, not sure what's generating the double. The order description is just "Close position" which is nowhere in my code.

Thanks!
    That is the behavior if you are using Market Orders. You can try to use Limit Orders instead, but that opens a whole new can of worms.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_RyanM1
    replied
    Hi entropy,

Yes, enter statements will reverse a position, and will indicate separately close position and the name of the enter rule as two separate items. They'll take care of the closing and opening order in the opposite direction.

If you don't want this behavior, you can add a market position check to your entries, to check that you are flat before submitting the order.

if (Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat)

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    started a topic NT closing positions rules

NT closing positions rules

Dear NT Support:

If I place a long (short) order while a short (long) order is open does NT also send a close position order to complete the flip? Can I disable this? I am already handling the exit but NT is doubling on me, not sure what's generating the double. The order description is just "Close position" which is nowhere in my code.

Thanks!

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post SantoshXX  
Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post DanielTynera