Error: Unable to cancel out unmapped live orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: Unable to cancel out unmapped live orders

I have been running a strategy for several days without issue in sim mode using data from MB Trading.

This morning, I checked the computer and NT had encountered and error and needed to be restarted. I had to force NT to quit, restarted NT, connected to MBT, and attempted to restart my strategy.

The strategy name never went green, and after a minute or two, I got a dialog box with the error: "Unable to cancel out unmapped live orders." Flattening all my positions, restarting NT, and everything I try yields the same error.

In the Orders tab in the Control Center, there are several orders in a pending state (this is all from memory - I am not at my NT computer now). I right-click on them and attempt to cancel or delete them. Nothing happens.

I tried restarting the strategy in a completely different (sim) account, and I get the same error. It seems that with this strategy, I am dead in the water.

1. How do I fix this? And more importantly,
    2. How do I keep this from happening in the future, particuarily when I am using real money?

My issues appear to be not unlike these issues:

Did an order slip by NT, and now I am in limbo between sim and live modes?

Help!

Hi Serac,

It's possible for sim orders to be stuck in a pending state. You can clear these out by resetting the simulated account.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.

* From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    * Select the "Simulator" tab
    * Press the "Reset" button

Your simulated orders got to this state as a result of ending task on NT. The same thing would not take place on a live account. They would be either sent or not sent to your broker and then the broker would report back to NT the state.

What you can look at here is the circumstances for the crash. We can look at your trace file for more details on this. Please send to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com and reference this thread.

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

* The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Ryan.

I was hoping to save my sim account statistics (my strategy was working well). Oh, well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ZenCortexAuCost