Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No data on stock from Kinetick on Market Analyzer

Hi,

I no longer receive any data on stocks such as DOW or Nasdaq in Market Analyzer when connected to Kinetick after upgrading to R6 in the last few weeks. It has no problems with currency or index futures though. However, if I take the DOW or Nasdaq stock instrument and put it on a chart, the chart is displaying it fine (after setting the session template to "Default 24/7"). Obviously the data is there, it is just no showing up on the Market Analyzer. I'm only looking at daily data since Kinetics only provides end of day data. Please advise how this can be fixed. Thanks.

Robert

Hello etrader_cdn,

Thank you for your post.

Were you using another data provider before with the Market Analyzer?

The Kinetick EOD feed will not supply any data to the Market Analyzer since the MA needs real-time data to drive it.

The EOD feed has never worked with the Market Analyzer.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Sorry, I didn't know that Kinetics never provides data to drive MA. I guess the data must have come from Yahoo then because I also connected to Yahoo to get real time (with 15 min delay) data in the past. If I connect it to Yahoo now, I can receive the stock data. However, the Nison Candle Scanner software that I have installed with NT that used to work with those data to provide me with candle indicators such as doji, hammer, etc. does not work anymore with stock data in R6. It, however, still works as expected with other instruments such as index futures or currency in MA and it works with all instruments (including stocks) in charts. Any idea what is going on here? Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, the Yahoo feed will work since this is not EOD data and is delayed data from Yahoo.

Can you give me an idea of which symbols you are having issues with? I will need to test these on my end.

Comment

Hi Matthew,

I think I have found the solution to my problem. The problem lies in the fact that the session template for the MA is defaulted to <use instrument settings>. Once I change the session template for MA to "Default 24/7", the NCS works again. All I have to do now is to set it to the default MA template so that NCS would come up everything I load the default MA template. I wonder if the default for session template was somehow changed in R6 that causes this problem. BTW, how do I set the session template for a particular instrument? TIA.

Comment

etrader_cdn,

Thanks for the update- that would definitely do the trick.

You can set the default session template for an instrument by going to tools--> instrument manager--> highlight the instrument and select "edit"

From the instrument editor, you can see the Session Template which will be the template that is used when a chart or MA window is set to "Use Instrument Settings"

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the info. The stock instrument is currently defaulted to "US Equities RTH" which seems to be giving me the problem. When I looked around in this forum, I found from another posting that this is a known issue in R6. So, I will stick with "Default 24/7" or "Default 24/5" for now until the problem is resolved in the next release. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post kujista
              by kujista

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 04:32 PM
              1 response