Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newby charting question!

Hey,

I am a complete newbie user...Just downloaded NT 7 yesterday. I connected to Zen-Fire and I am trying to pull up a new chart for say AAPL. Nothing shows up. I think it might have something to do with my axis scales I'm not sure.

This is probably a super easy fix but i'm stuck! I've included a couple of screen shots, 1 of what im doing and the other of my non graph result!!

Also, is there a user guide for NT 7. I know they NT direct people to the reference guide on the website but just wondering if anyone had come across something more introductory (obviously i need it given my question above )
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums!

Zen-Fire only providers Futures data. Please try loading the ES 09-11 contract and let me know if you have issues with the Zen-Fire feed.

If you wish to view AAPL or other stock data, I would suggest the Kinetick EOD feed which comes preconfigured in NinjaTrader 7 via the File--> Connect Menu.

If you see further issues, please try setting your Daily charts to the Default 24/7 session template.
    • Right click in your chart and select Data Series.
    • In the Data Series menu, set the "Session Template" property to "Default 24/7", then click OK.

Please let me know if you continue to experience issues

We also have free daily live training sessions which will quickly get you up to speed with our software.

More information about these sessions can be found here:

Webinar Schedule

Furthermore I have included links of our Help Guide and Video Library:

Help Guide

Video Library

Let me know if you have any additional questions and once more thank you for your interest in our software.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums!

Zen-Fire only providers Futures data. Please try loading the ES 09-11 contract and let me know if you have issues with the Zen-Fire feed.

If you wish to view AAPL or other stock data, I would suggest the Kinetick EOD feed which comes preconfigured in NinjaTrader 7 via the File--> Connect Menu.

If you see further issues, please try setting your Daily charts to the Default 24/7 session template.
      • Right click in your chart and select Data Series.
      • In the Data Series menu, set the "Session Template" property to "Default 24/7", then click OK.

Please let me know if you continue to experience issues

We also have free daily live training sessions which will quickly get you up to speed with our software.

More information about these sessions can be found here:

Webinar Schedule

Furthermore I have included links of our Help Guide and Video Library:

Help Guide

Video Library

Let me know if you have any additional questions and once more thank you for your interest in our software.
      Hi,

Thanks for reply! I did mess up the question so let me make an adjustment, The datafeed I was using was google (and before that yahoo!) and I was looking for end of day data for aapl.That should work, right?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Paul,

Yes, Google or Yahoo! will give you EOD Daily AAPL data.

Make sure you session template is on Default 24/7 and let me know if issues persist.

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for that. I connected to the Kinetick EOD data. However, I still can't get the graph to appear.

I have not touched the session template settings (please see attachment).
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the screen shot.

Please change the session template from "Use Instrument Settings" to "Default 24/7" and test again.

Comment

I'm a retard! :-) Sorry Matthew. I just woke up...hope thats the issue...

Thanks you very much Matthew

Comment

One last thing Matthew. Is there a manual for Ninja trader. Something that will go through some of the issues that newbie will have.

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

Hello,

We do not have a quick start manual, however the "Operations" section of the Help Guide should contain enough information to get you going. You should also review the Video Library and join our Live Webinars hosted each.

NinjaTrader also has a context sensitive help guide. This means if you have a window open and press F1 on your keyboard, it'll take you to the help guide section for that particualr feature. For example, if you press F1 with a chart open, you will see the Charting overview of the Help Guide appear.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin  
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes