• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when trying to connect to CQG Demo

Any idea how I can solve this?

Thanks.

Hi StockStalker,

Thank you for your post.

This error will, unfortunately, require a reinstall of NinjaTrader. That said, all custom settings can be saved. Please take the following steps:

1.) Backup:
    Please create a backup of your settings using the steps listed at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/creating_a_backup_archive.htm
    You will also need to save a copy of your license key. You will find the key listed in the Help > License Key menu.

2.) Reinstallation:
    After backing up, please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
    1. Close all running applications.
    2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
    4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
    5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
    6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
    7. Reboot your machine.
    8. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
    Download

3.) Restoring Settings:
    Please restore your settings using the steps listed here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/restoring_a_backup_archive.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's a pretty drastic step I need to take, I have tons of stuff installed that I know won't be backed up (dll files etc), so instead of doing this is it possible you could just attach the file I need (CGQ adapter?) to your next post, and I can just download it and replace the corrupt file I have?

Comment

HI StockStalker,

I appreciate your reluctance, but this is the only solution to the issue unfortunately.

Comment

That's a pretty drastic step I need to take, I have tons of stuff installed that I know won't be backed up (dll files etc), so instead of doing this is it possible you could just attach the file I need (CGQ adapter?) to your next post, and I can just download it and replace the corrupt file I have?

Comment

HI StockStalker,

I'm sorry - this is not a fix which I can enact in that way. The only resolution to the issue is a reinstall. I understand that's inconvenient, and I am sorry for that inconvenience, but I'm afraid this is simply something which needs to happen.

Comment

Whops, I see I posted the same message twice...

Anyways, I understand now that a reinstall is necessary. Here's a question though, instead of backing up the files via NT, can't I just copy the entire Ninjatrader 7 folder in My Documents to another location on my harddrive, then uninstall, reboot, reinstall, paste the old folder and then restart NT?

This way I'll make sure every file gets included, including the .dlls. I don't see this way of doing it being a problem, unless the CQG adapter issue is in the My Documents folder.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Comment

Hi StockStalker,

Thanks for clarifying - I had wondered if that was intended or not.

I don't forsee this being an issue either, but I've not tested it previously. That said, I think it's worth a try - worst case, you know what to do next.

Comment

Alright, I will try that first then. If it still doesn't work afterwards I'll use the NT backup system instead.

Thanks for the help, I'll post here how it goes once I get it done.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                  Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ScottWalsh