error generating indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error generating indicator

Good Afternoon. I know that some of you will have seen this message before whilst importing a single indicator, but I have just installed the upgrade V6 of NT and got messages that it couldn,t compile some custom indicators and sure enough when my charts opened none of my indicators showed up. So I uninstalled V6 and reinstalled V5, opened my charts and now all my indicators had gone from V5 as well. I opened up the indicator window to find that all my none standard NT indi´s were no longer listed. I opened up a few of the indi´s in the editor, tried to compile them and got these errors, now the strange thing is I also opened up a couple of standard NT Indi´s and got exactly the same message, anyone experienced this before??
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dee50; 06-09-2011, 09:01 AM. Reason: incomplete title

dee50, first of all it's important to understand that ALL indicator files / scripts need to be error free and in compilable state otherwise not of them would be compiled. The error message suggests you try compiling some 6.5 indicator and need to use the new NT7 overload adding the autoScale input parameter, which should only be a simple code change - if you doubleclick on the error message it should point to where the erroneous code line is found, you could then amend as needed or comment out and try recompiling.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Bertrand
      Looks like we are talking at cross purposes. I am running NT7 v5 I upgraded to NT7 v6 and the problem started. While I have been running NT7v5 I have had no problem with any of my indicators, the indicators I have been using have been specifically written for NT7. Since upgrading to NT7 v6 my non standard indicators have ceased to exist but even NT standard indicators do not compile and have the identical error message, but, they appear to work on a chart!!!

Comment

Hi Dee50, that's strange since going from R5 to R6 there no overload changes which would trigger the compile error you received - is this a script you recently installed or that would have always been present in your NT7 installs? Were any other custom indicators / 3rd party assemblies installed at the same time with the upgrade as you starting seeing the issues?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Hi Dee50, that's strange since going from R5 to R6 there no overload changes which would trigger the compile error you received - is this a script you recently installed or that would have always been present in your NT7 installs? Were any other custom indicators / 3rd party assemblies installed at the same time with the upgrade as you starting seeing the issues?

Thanks,
          Hi Bertrand

No, no changes have been made and I have been using the indicators for about 12 months, without issues. Would deleting the indicators from bin/custom/indicators and then re-importing them do the job??

Comment

Yes, please try that route - exit NT7, remove the script, then restart NT7 - can you now compile all well?

Then try reimporting the script fresh, any issues noted?

Thanks,

Comment

Hi

This just gets better. I have deleted every non standard indicator/strategy etc because how do you find out which one is the one with errors? doesn´t matter. After deleting everything I try to import and get the message Quote "You have custom ninjascript files on your pc that have programming errors. These must be resolved etc etc" I scream at the screen and tell NT that "I have just deleted everything, tell me which ones you are referring to" but of course NT doesn,t, just sits there mocking me. I open my file manager go to the directory and find that the following indicator files have been added back. userdefinedmethods.cs, candelstickpattern.cs, roc.cs, linregintercept.cs, pfe.cs, do these belong to NT? I assumed that when deleting, everything with 25/01/2011 10:58 needed to stay and anything else needed to go. Also, if I open any standard indi in the editor and compile it i get an error message see attached.
              Attached Files

Comment

The message you have posted shows that's you're missing those assembly references in your install, here's how to add those back :

After that step you should be able to compile, if this is the case please try reimporting your custom indicators again.

Thanks,

Comment

And if I no longer have that assemblies install files because I try to remove clutter from my files, what then? I know completely uninstall NT and start allover again. So how do I do a clean install of NT?? Is there a way of just keeping my chart templates so that I do not have to spend hours rebuilding them?
                  Last edited by dee50; 06-09-2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

In this case you can also remove the references entry completely when you don't want to use those tools again - it should then compile as well normally.

Comment

Ok Thanks. But how? I deleted all the entries in the custom directory and they keep coming back as well. ninjatrader.vendor.dll, ninjatrader.custom.dll, ninjatrader.custom.xml, assemblyinfo.cs, ninjatrader.custom.csproj. Then when I restart NT, it installs itself and then if iI look back in the custom folder these entries are back and in the indi folder the 4 indies I mentioned above keep coming back as well

Comment

You would need to open any indicator and right click in the code, then select "References' - remove the unneeded entries from this list and close the dialog boxes down. Finally press F5 in the code editor to recompile your scripts - would it still give you compile error then?

Comment

Hi

Ok did that and removed 2 references and then that indi compiled with no errors. Tried a couple of others and they compiled with no problems, Nt then allowed me to import custom indicator and apply it to chart. Working fine.

Ok 6 hours later and we are back to having a working version of NT R6, but we do not know why installing the upgrade from R5 should have caused this. At least we know how to cure it next time.

Thanks for you help Bertrand
                          Last edited by dee50; 06-09-2011, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Ok, glad to hear it, thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jeronymite  
                            Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes