Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 crashes every night at 9pm pst

Hey guys,

My NT7 1000.6 version which I updated this past weekend crashes every night around 9pm pst. The problem is i like to keep it running 24/7 to collect tick data which i use for volume, so if I'm not around to restart it i lose the data til morning time when i come back to the computer. Anyone knows how to solve this bug?
    Thank you.

N

Hello NickF,

Thank you for your post.

In order for me to help determine why this is occurring, I will need to review your most current log and trace files.

Please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your most recent log and trace files, Attn: Matthew in the Subject line and a reference to this thread.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
    • The log file will be named ‘log.20110608.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    • The trace file will be named ‘trace.20110608.txt’

Please attach both of these files to your next response. If these files are over 4MB, please let me know and I can respond with alternative instructions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

NT7 crashes every night at 11pm Central time

I am having the same problem, my NT7 crashes every night at exactly 11pm Central time. I have checked all log files and there is nothing in the logs any time close to 11pm.

Comment

Hi cts1687,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please clarify which data provider you are using, and also please forward an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com including the log and trace diagnostic files that are detailed in Matthew's previous response.

When sending that can you please reference this thread, and put ATTN RyanO.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a similar problem with Ninja 7.06 (and all other 7 versions)

My timezone is CET (EST + 6). Data connection doesn't matter, i tried Zenfire, CQG, IB, IQFeed.
          It is obviously a problem with the switching to the new created replay directory at midnight EST:

- When i record Level 2 replay data, Ninja crashes every day exactly at 6:00 CET, midnight EST.
          - When i record only Level 1 data, Ninja keeps running at 6:00 CET, but the ntm-files in the new directory don't update, the size stays at 707bytes. Instruments added after 6:00 CET are working.

As a workaround to record Level 1+2 data, i disable the replay recorder at 5:59 CET and re-enable it at 6:01 with an automation tool.

Comment

Hello Barbara2,

Thank you for this information.

So you are saying that it only gives you issues when you have 'Record for Market Replay' checked from the data tab?

Can you please also send us your diagnostic files from a date this occurred so we can look into this further.

Please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your most recent log and trace files, Attn: Matthew in the Subject line and a reference to this thread.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I had this same problem when connect to ZF.
              Didnt check how record function affected it.

It solved by deleting everything and reinstalling.

NT support was unable to find anything in either NT or Windows logs

Comment

We are looking further into these issues and trying to pinpoint any similarities.

If your experiencing this issues can you please tell me your exact version of Windows and what if is service pack is installed. This can be located by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "properties"

Also is there any software / backup / security tools / Antivirus/ installed on the PC's that could 'block' NT from writing the new market replay replay file that is being created then at the normal time as you've normally seen these crashes happen?' If you do have any of these tools please let me know what tools are installed.
                LowellSenior IT Manager

Comment

To all posters with the 'nightly crash' issues in this thread - we believe to have isolated the issue and addressed it via a custom build for testing, if you would willing to give it a run in your particular scenario we would greatly appreciate it.

For follow up on this, please contact me directly via PM or email to support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand and please mention this thread in your inquiry.

Thanks again,
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post alifarahani  
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  1 response