Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT possibly interfering with IB platform??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT possibly interfering with IB platform??

I have an IB account and am currently set up and physically trading through NT. However, I'd like to try a couple of things, primarily trading with IB's hotkeys to try and help speed of execution. I tried to set up the IB hotkeys while logged in through NT and it seemed to really screw up the IB platform and I couldn't set up the hotkeys as long as I was logged in through NT. Things in the IB platform didn't do what they were supposed to. But when I logged out of NT and just logged into IB without going through NT I had no trouble going in and setting up the hotkeys and a few other things.

Question: If I log in through NT as I want to use it for charting will I be able to use IB hotkeys for trading or will the two platforms screw each other up? Should this occur seemlessly or will I need to disable anything in NT and if so how do I do that?

Thanks
    Last edited by crazyhorse2393; 11-19-2007, 06:52 AM.

Please try to uncheck "Runtime popup handling" on the account connection settings. http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Note: You then need to acknowledge TWS popups manually.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
      Please try to uncheck "Runtime popup handling" on the account connection settings. http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Note: You then need to acknowledge TWS popups manually.
      You lost me Dierk. I'm not sure how popups fit into my question. Can I trade from the IB platform using hotkeys while NT is still configured to be able to execute orders through IB? Will the two systems play nice if I trade through IB or do I need to disable NTs ability to execute orders through IB?

Comment

>> I couldn't set up the hotkeys as long as I was logged in through NT
        This makes me believe that you could not open up the relevant dialogs in TWS in which event my suggestion below applies.

Other than that, I'm not aware of any hotkey related issues.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post gentlebenthebear  
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Kaledus