Taxing Upgrade: Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxing Upgrade: Errors

So, after' being "forced" to upgrade, I gave in and now I have an issue with importing previous indicators from my third Party. I followed the directions prescribed but now I get an error when I try to import.

"Import failed. Assembly "IndicatorName" can't be imported: Thespecified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT 0x8007007E)"

Can you please translate this to english and simply tell me HOW to get my 3rd party indicators back.

BTW: The indicator author said that he will NOT be issuing any updated versions as NinjaT has been bleeding his resources with all of this Maintenance.

So, I gotta make this work!

thanks,
    NitroG

Hello,

Please email me directly and I can look into this further with the indicator developer itself, please let me know the contact email of the idnicator developer and name please. support at ninjatrader dot com

As this error message does mean that the DLL file uses the old protection method that is no longer supported in NinjaTrader 7.2 and above.

However this was a one time change. There would have been 2 times in total he would have needed to update his package over the past year to use in current releases so not sure why he says too much maintenance. All indicator and software package developers should have current releases available and I'm not aware of any that don't at this time. However if there is one I'm not aware of I would be glad to contact the developer on your behalf to see if we can get them to do the simple export of the indicator package that's all that's required to make it compatible again is for the indicator developer to export it from the current release. There would be no way to make an older protection method work in the new version of NinjaTrader and that package must be updated is only option at this time Unfortunately.

Thank You.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes