Symbols in Instrument Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbols in Instrument Manager

When a symbol isn't in instrument manager and you type it in a chart it then adds itself to instrument manager but only with an exchange of 'Default" and a session template of "Default 24/7". I then try to go into instrument manager and change the session template but it gives me an error saying I have to change the default exchange also. I have hundreds of symbols I have to do this for. Can you tell me how to change the session template without getting an error on having to change the exchange?

Also how can I change the default session template so when a symbol gets added on the fly by typing it in a chart it gets one of the other predefined session templates applied to that symbol automatically?

Is there a way to import the hundreds of symbols I follow into instrument manager will all of the correct settings?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the error message you are referring too. Can you please tell me what data provider you are connected to within NinjaTrader and attach a screen shot of the message.

When adding an instrument on the fly there is not an option to specify which Session Template should be applied.

You may import a stock symbol list by going to File-->Utilities-->Import Stock Symbol List which will then give you the option to pick the Exchange, Session Template, etc.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over importing a stock symbol list.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When I import a new stock symbol list, changing the session template does not actually change the default session template of the underlying instrument (if it's already in instrument manager). This means I still have to change the session template for all the instruments separately. Is there a way around this?

Comment

Correct if the instrument already exists within the Instrument Manager importing it again would not overwrite the existing instrument and it would need to be changed manually.

If you have a list of Equities that share the same Exchange you could delete the existing instruments within the Instrument Manager then import them again with the desired Session Template selected.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post bltdavid  
        Started by port119, Today, 02:43 PM
        0 responses
        1 view