Zen-Fire Connection Problems Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zen-Fire Connection Problems Today

I am having serious issues with connecting and staying connected to Zen-Fire today. I get connected then Green connection box turns to orange then to green again. Looking at the log I am being connected and disconnected every couple of seconds. I have had connection problems since upgrading from 7.0.1000.4. I see from the board here that other people are having similar problems. Whats going on with these latest updated releases? Nice action here today and I can't trade due to these issues.

Hello smalltrader35,

Thank you for your post.

Could you tell me more about your issue:

Are you connected through a wired or wireless connection?

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About

Have you tried disconnecting and using the Legacy Option in the Zen-Fire connection setup?
    • From the Control Center -> Tools -> Account Connection
    • Select your Zen-Fire connection -> Change
    • Follow the wizard and expand the 'Settings' section
    • Check 'Legacy API'
    • Finish the connection wizard.
    • Try connecting again.

Do you have any Anti-Virus or Firewall software at this time? If so, please let me know.
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wired Router
      Version 7.0.1000.6
      Tried The Legacy API (No Difference Same Issues.)
      Windows Firewall
      Microsoft Essentials AntiVirus.

This is the same set-up I had up to today without any real problems up to version 7.0.1000.4. These connection issues since upgrading from .4.

Comment

smalltrader35,

You may need to try a complete uninstall and reinstall of NinjaTrader to get to a fresh installation of NinjaTrader.

1.) Backup:

Please create a backup of your settings using the steps listed at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/creating_a_backup_archive.htm
        You will also need to save a copy of your license key. You will find the key listed in the Help > License Key menu.

2.) Reinstallation:
        • After backing up, please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
        • Close all running applications.
        • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
        • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
        • Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
        • Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
        • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
        • Reboot your machine.
        • Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
        • Download

3.) Test
        Create and test the Zen-Fire connection before restoring settings. If the connection works, then you can restore your settings, however if it is still having issues, let me know.

4.) Restoring Settings:
        Please restore your settings using the steps listed here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/restoring_a_backup_archive.htm
        CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
        1 response
        0 likes