ATM Didn't Work As Expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Didn't Work As Expected

Hello Guys. I'm wondering if you can take a look at an ATM I set up today. Here's what I would like it to do:

1) Set initial stop at 15 ticks for two contracts.
    2) Take profit of 10 ticks on the first contract
    3) When 10 ticks is taken on the first contract the stop is moved to net breakeven. In other words 10 ticks away.

When trading this on sim today it took profits on the 1st contract at 10 ticks but never moved the stop on the 2nd. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
    Chuck
    Attached Files

Hello Chuck,

Thank you for your post.

In order to move your Stop Loss to Breakeven after 10 Ticks in profit you will need to set the Plus value to 0 as apposed to -20.

I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the Auto Breakeven and Auto Trail features.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chris. You may have misunderstood my post. What I meant by net break even was that once I took 10 ticks on my first contract, I want to move the stop on the 2nd contract 10 ticks away. In this manner, if the stop was hit on my 2nd contract, I would break even on the overall position.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. In this scenario you would want to set the Plus value -10.

Comment

We created account group on NT7 , and the control center shows the account group name in the right top corner of the window, But when we try to apply the strategy, it doesn't give me the option to select this account. But when we try to apply strategy, it applying to the master account with IB.
          I understand that all the group accounts are the sub accounts for the master account but what will happen if it starts trigging trades, WIll i affect only the group accounts or all the accounts??

Comment

If you are submitting the order to the Master account this will be submitted to all accounts associated. If you only want the order submitted to a specific account you will be required to select that one account within the order entry window you are using.

Comment

We selected 3 sub accounts which are hooked up in block with a specific name, on the right top corner of the control center we see the account name, but when we apply the strategy from the control center strategy tab we cannot selected the Block account from the account list ? it does not show up under the accounts that can be selected

Comment

Can you please clarify if you are applying a Automated Strategy or an ATM Strategy when trading?

Comment

We are applying a ninja script. which is triggering the ATM strategy.

Comment

Unfortunately when applying an Automated Strategy you will not have access to Block accounts and the strategy will need to be applied to each account seperately.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                    Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes