Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems loading history from IB after I used IQFeed

Hi;
    After the issues with the IB FX history server last week I decided to try IQFeed for the history.

This week I wanted to switch back to IB after their issues had been apparently fixed. When I start NT I have a workbook open with several FX charts. Once it starts loading the history most of the charts are all messed up to start with. Looks like it tried to load parts of another data series into the chart. For example my AUD.USD chart suddenly shows 81... in the scale and due to the live feed the aussie quote at the bottom.

Also it comes up with a message that it can't load the history for $EUR.JPY because it can't find the symbol (although I can load it on a different charting package).

Any ideas what causes this and more important how I can fix it as I would prefer going back to use IB for history and live feed.

Thanks
    Thomas

Just a quick update, when I close the workspace and open a new workspace opening new charts for the same symbols all works fine.

Also righlicking on a chart and reloading all history seems to fix the problem as well.

Thomas

Comment

Hello,

I would recommend reseting your instrument list. Then please retry and let me know if issue persists.

You can reset the instrument manager following the instructions below.

Disconnect from your connection by going to Control Center->File->Disconnect->(Your Active Connection).

Then in the Control Center->Tools->Options->Misc Tab.

You will see the reset instruments button in that tab. Click on that and then restart NinjaTrader after it has finished resetting the instrument manager.

Once you restart NinjaTrader go back to the Instrument manager found in the Control Panel->Tools->Instrument Manager, and re add the EURJPY to the default list by using the left arrow button.

If this doesnt work please let me know what version of TWS you have isntalled and what version of NinjaTrader.

Can you please let me know what version of NinjaTrader you are using this is located in the Control Center under Help->About and is to the right of the NinjaTrader logo.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, well I had the same problems again this morning. As I have 10 charts opening in my workspace, it seems to be always a different security missing. Looks random to me.

Anyway I have followed you steps from above and it didn't make any difference. Interesting enough resetting the Instrument List, didn't change anything in my default instrument list. So I deleted everything but one from the list and added them back in. Still no difference.

I have attached a pdf document showing what my charts look like after connecting. When I then manually reload all history all is back to normal again. Although with IB this can be a lengthy process due to pacing limits and I really don't want to go through this every morning.

Anyway I am using NT 7.0.1000.2 and TWS

Build 910.7, Nov 4, 2010 11:33:56 AM
        Jolt Build 1.1.7, Sep 9, 2010 02:19:30 PM
        Nia Build 1.7.7, Aug 6, 2010 02:35:40 PM
        ModelNav Build 1.1.29, Oct 5, 2010 08:32:30 AM

Java Version: 1.6.0_17

Thanks
        Thomas

BTW. I mentioned I created a new workspace, when opening the new one, I don't have the messages of missing symbols, but I still have the screwy charts.

sorry just attached the pdf
        Attached Files
        Last edited by hometradingblog; 06-01-2011, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Hi hometradingblog,

With the current release of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use the 917.8 build of TWS. Please upgrade via the following link and let us know if the issue persists: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...tall_917_8.exe
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks just downloading and will install over the weekend almost finished the painful process of manually reloading the history.

Do you recommend upgrading to the latest NT as well?

Thomas

Comment

Hi hometradingblog,

If you will upgrading the version of TWS you will want to upgrade to make sure that your installation of NinjaTrader is 7.0.1000.5 at the minimum.

You can check the version of NinjaTrader in the Help > About field and if you can upgrade I would recommend doing so using the following page. On that page input your license which can be found in the Help > License Key field to then begin the download of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.6.
              Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Still the same problem

Ok, I have upgraded TWS and NT to the latest version. However the problem is still the same.

When I first open NT the charts load normal with the latest history data showing. Once I connect to IB it gets all weird. First the message of missing security definition (interestingly enough its not always the same symbol), I have attached the message to this post.

Then once the connection is established most charts look funny (see attachment of previous post). Any other ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks
                Thomas
                Attached Files

Comment

Quick update, I have noticed when I go into each chart and change the symbol, then change it back to the original symbol, the charts display correctly again, without the need to manually Reload History.

However, when I then exit NT and go back in again, I still have the same problem as described before.

Comment

Hi hometradingblog,

Could you please make that same adjustment to your chart, then save your workspace by clicking File > Workspaces > Save Workspace.

After saving the workspace, please restart NinjaTrader and reconnect - do the charts now update or are you still seeing the same error?

Comment

Hi Kyle;
                      Thanks for your response, yes the problem still happens. I am trying different thinks but nothing seems to help. I am going now to work on a different workspace and so far it is working fine.

It seems to me that the original workspace somehow got corrupted, but what I then don't understand is why after reloading the charts display correctly.

One thing I have noticed, when I save the Workspace, exit NT and go back in, the charts display correectly. However when I restart the computer I have the problem again.

And this only started after I used IQFeed for history for a week (I am not back using only IB).

Thomas

Comment

Hi Thomas,

If you're seeing data load normally in other workspaces, this would indicate that some sort of corruption in the original file exists. If you begin to see the same behavior in the new workspace(s), please let me know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                        Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                        10 responses
                        0 likes